chapter twenty four - my home

lyndon williams

friday, june 29th at midnight

"Lyndon, are you still awake?"

The voice echoed in the room. I sat up to see an cracked open door and a tall blonde boy standing with a blanket draped around him.

I lifted the blanket out and felt my bare feet touch the freezing wood floor. I walked around the bed to walk out the door and shut it so Marley wouldn't wake up.

"Why are you awake?" I yawned.

He immediately broke down. I couldn't tell what had happened. We said goodnight less than 20 minutes ago and he was fine. Now he was sobbing in a blanket.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop. What's wrong." We walked into his living room and sat down on his couch. He sobbed into my arms and couldn't speak. "You need to breathe."

He squeezed his arms around me and finally spoke up, "I just, I just don't know what I'll do when you'll live in Wisconsin. I- I- I just want you to stay in Minnesota. With me. You were right yesterday. We only going to be four hours away compared to the other couple but I- I-."

He broke down again into my arms while I ran my fingers through his hair, "Do you know what we're going to do? We're going to make it work. I swear. So what if we have to take a four hour drive every other weekend. I will be there."

"Promise?" He held up his pinky.

I crossed mine with his, "Pinky promise."

He nuzzled into my arms and we both fell asleep on his couch in the position we started. He had cried into my chest a little more just to get it out and I was okay with that. He needed it.

-

friday, june 29th at 7:30 a. m.

I could feel the bright sun shining in through the curtains of Guy's living room window. It wasn't as different as California but I still missed it.

"Oh shit." I whispered to myself. I hadn't realized that we had fallen asleep together. Except there wasn't any Guy. I was laying fully on his couch. With the blue blanket he'd used last night.

The house was still silent while I walked through the hallways trying to find someone. I snuck into Guy's room to see Marley sprawled out on the bed. I could see the decorations clearly now with the sun shining on everything. I grabbed my phone and realized the time while I just beamed at all of the decorations.

Three guitars, a couple band posters, a bunch of different hockey sticks and skates. In the corner of his room there was a small drum set and some signed pucks in special cases next to it. He had a lot of photos of him and his friends and family hanging around everything. One photo caught my eye, a baby photo with two parents.

After looking around I made my way to his closet. The doors were disguised as mirrors, I slid it open to reveal what I think was about 20 hockey jerseys, a ton of shirts hung up and all of his pants and shoes neatly put away. Vans, Converse, and Air Jordans just put on shoe shelves. Separated from everything was a shelf for his jewelry. There were necklaces, chains, rings, bracelets, and old concert wristbands. I decided to grab on of his rings out of the cup, a dark green stone, I slid it onto my ring finger and slid the door shut.

I tip-toed out the door and went farther down the hallway. I peaked into their guest bedroom where my parents were still sleeping. I then looked through a crack in the door of Marley's room and saw Dylan and Sierra out cold and snoring. Peaking in on Jessie's room just seemed rude to me.

Once I got back to their living room I laid back down. There was no Guy in sight and everyone else was still sleeping. I tried texting the group chat but it was 7:34 and everyone else was normal and didn't wake up. Where is Guy? Cause the bathroom was open and their house was only one story.