chapter twenty three - going home

lyndon williams

thursday, june 28th

"I am really going to miss living with you guys." Julie croaked while she put clothes into her suitcase. Me and Connie both looked at her as she started to cry.

We dropped our clothes and rushed to her side, "Hey Jules it'll be okay. We're all going to Adam's cabin in two days! Plus we'll be there for another week! You won't see us for a day! That's it." I tried cheering her up.

"I know, but I want to be able to play hockey with you guys. With everyone. Like Dean, and Luis, and Guy!" More tears came down her face. I felt one stream down mine.

"I bet we can find a way to play together or Bombay can!" Connie said.

I hugged them tighter trying to lighten Julie's mood, "Yeah! I mean we are all Ducks now right?"

"And ducks fly together don't they?" Connie added.

I suddenly stood up quick remembering what I had packed in my bag. I forgot about it the entire trip.

I threw my suitcase back open and dug under some clothes to find my Team USA drawstring Hendricks bag, and inside was a disposable camera. I got it at the airport and just shoved it in there.

"I have a great idea to save the memories! And make more at Adam's!" I jumped. I turned back around to show the girls. They stood up and eagerly nodded.

Connie grabbed her jacket, "Let's go take some pictures!"

"And we have to hurry, the plane leaves tonight." I said opening the door. The girls speed walked out. I followed the then to the elevator till we got stopped by Dylan and Sierra.

"Where are you guys go-" Dylan started.

"Say cheese!" I exclaimed while a bright flash reflected from them. We hopped into the elevator that they had just gotten out of and pressed two.

Once we got to the boys floor we ran to their room. We all knocked hard on their door until it finally opened. When the door was far enough open it revealed Charlie with a confused look.

"Are you guys done packing?" he questioned.

I clicked on the flash for the camera, "Nope. Smile."

He stuck his tongue out with a double chin and I clicked the button.

"That'll be a great picture." Connie laughed.

"Oh I know it will," Charlie sarcastically flaunted, "Come on in."

Adam and Guy we on their beds folding their hockey jerseys and putting things in their duffel bags when they saw we came in.

"Hey what're you doing here?" Guy asked giving me a big smile.

I smiled brightly back at him, "We're taking pictures before the plane leaves tonight. Then I was planning on taking some at Adam's cabin. Wanna take a picture?"

"Of course."

I tossed the camera to Connie, while Guy grabbed both of my hands. I stood on the edge of my toes to reach his face which was somehow really high compared to mine. I pressed my lips against his and to no ones surprise I felt fireworks in my stomach again.

"I hate how cute you guys are." Julie beamed. While my eyes were closed I could still see the bright light flash. As it finished I opened my eyes again to look at Guy. He smiled pulling away.

"Jules you and Dean are cute too, don't worry." I chuckled.

Guy swung his arm around me, "Just not as cute as me and Lyndon."