Chap 22

Third person's point of view.

Kakashi had popped in for a check up with Minato when, he saw how crazy it was, confused he went into Minato's office, "Sir?" he mused softly and Minato looked up at him, from his desk and paperwork, "Kakashi oh thank goodness," he sighed which caused Kakashi's brow to twitch, "What's going on?" he asked, "No time, take this and get your team out to the Land of Waves, a team of Genin that went three days ago is in dire need of reinforcements." Minato said

With a quick toss, Kakashi caught the mission scroll thrown to him. Kakashi then looked at his old teacher, "Which team went?" he asked for whatever he needed to plan, "Team Eight, with Kurenai." he said and Kakashi sighed, "possible the worst team to send to the Land of Waves," Kakashi said and Minato nodded, "They insisted and Kurenai reassured me that they'd be find," Minato said and Kakashi nodded. 

"Well they aren't and it is not going to go well, if I stay here, my team and I will accept the job," Kakashi said and Minato frowned, "Are you sure they're up for this? I need you to be sure," Minato asked and Kakashi nodded, "Much more than Kurenai and her team," Kakashi said and then left.

***

Sasuke, Naruto and Chidori were packing up their camp site when Kakashi appeared, they were on guard as he had shown them that he'd got a reputation for popping in out of nowhere and throwing another task at them. "We have a mission," he said and tossed them bags. Catching them they all opened the bags and found new clothing and food. Having already eaten and stored food for later they weren't worried but with the clothing the trio were grateful. 

"We leave in thirty minutes, bathe and change then we're gone." Kakashi said and they nodded, using water jutsus to wash off and soap provided in their bags they were clean and changed. Leaving to the gates was faster from where they were so they didn't even need the thirty minutes. After talking over a travelling set up and then a formation they left. Kakashi leading it, with Naruto right behind and Sasuke in the middle with Chidori covering the rear. 

***

Kuroo had missed them and both regretted it as well as she didn't want to give anything away. With Minato filled in on what she planned to do, she told him to tell the others what had happened, tell them that someone had gotten the better of her and had killed her, and should they demand for a body tell them the Anbu followed through with protocol and burned her body to protect the village and Uchiha secrets. 

Leaving the village when no one was watching, she vanished into the trees and used a special jutsu that would hide every part that made her; her. Her black hair faded to white and her purple toma ringed eyes turned crystal blue and she grew a few inches. Pulling out a new outfit, she wore a black V-neck shirt with dark pants as well as black shoes to go with it. To top it off she added black circle rimmed sunglasses.

Shifting her personality into a much more cocky one and more prideful, she strode off to where informants, said the place she was looking for would be. When she came to the entrance she was greeted by the members of the group, she stood unbothered by the various murderous looks she was getting. "Is this anyway to greet someone who's taken out one of the most notoriously powerful ninjas since the time of the Madara Uchiha?" she said,

"You're saying that you killed Kuroo Uchiha? The one who singlehandedly drove the Nine-tailed beast into it's current host," reaching into her pocket, Kuroo pulled out photos, "I figured you would want proof," she said tossing them onto the ground at the feet of the orange haired man. Leaning back on her heels and scratching her cheek lazily, completely unbothered by the hostility of the other members. 

In the photos, were puppets of chakra and artificial flesh and blood transfigured to look like Kuroo's original appearance. "How do we know this is real?" a familiar face said and Kuroo had to hold back a reaction that would give her away, "Well, there really isn't much I can do to really prove it, just that she's not going to be bothering anyone ever again," Kuroo said, "What's your name?" The orange haired man asked, 

"Satoru," she said, "Is that a first name or last?" he asked and Kuroo smirked, "Yes," she said and his purple ringed eyes rolled with annoyance, "Come we're going to put your skills to the test, you pass we'll keep you on, but if you lose, we'll know if your lying and if you are, your death will keep our base secret." he said and Kuroo laughed, "Prepare to lose then," she said with a cocky and confident smile.

***

To say the Kuroo won would be an understatement, she easily wiped the floor with all the members, and while only using barely a fraction of her chakra. She used her disguised purple toma ringed eyes only a few times to show how powerful she is, without giving anything away. Welcomed to the group with a cloak and a ring with the kanji for Vermilion or Scarlet on it she smirked and put it on her right hand ring finger.

It fit nicely and she pulled on her new cloak and wore it hanging around her elbows, leaving her shoulders uncovered. With her new height the cloak hung just a few inches off the ground. "We do jobs and tasks in teams of two, the only member we have right now that isn't paired with anyone is Orochimaru," Pein said and gestured to the long haired snake-like man. Kuroo looked at him and nodded, "That's fine, even though I prefer doing things solo, I'll put up with him, but don't blame me if he dies, I'm not protecting him," she said and Pein rolled his eyes again,

"I don't need protecting anyway," he hissed and Kuroo laughed. "Sure," she said and then turned her back on him, "So where's my room?" she asked, "Or do I just find an empty one and use it," she said and Pein sighed, "Just find an empty one and use it, we rotate hideouts to keep from being caught," he said and she nodded. "Perfect." she said and walked off, 

***

When Kakashi and team 7 returned they were greeted with a lot of sad and gloomy faces. Sasuke not liking this, rushed to the house to find Kuroo, Naruto and Chidori following along with Kakashi. The looks the team got as they ran through the village were looks of pity and worry. When they reached the house, Shisui was there with his wife, Chidori's mother. "Dad?" Chidori called and he looked up from Aina's head and a look of defeat filled his eyes. "Chidori... Sasuke..." he said softly about to stop them, 

But a loud and pain filled shout stopped them, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S DEAD!!!???" Everyone knew it was Itachi, and they were equally shocked by his raised voice, he almost never got mad or shouted. Sasuke and Kakashi both rushed into the house and found Itachi shrugging out of Minato's grip as the taller blonde was trying and failing to explain what had happened. When Minato saw Kakashi and Sasuke his heart dropped even more, Itachi at this point was crying and his body shook with the tears.

Sasuke was shell-shocked and Kakashi didn't know what to do anymore. Sasuke shaking and crying jostled Kakashi and on reflex he pulled Sasuke into himself and just hugged him, because even though Kakashi couldn't process yet, Sasuke is and they both needed the physical comfort.