Chap 31

Third person's point of view.

The month of training was coming to an end and Team Seven were excited to finish the Chunin exams, they wanted to start working as soon as possible, just so that they could stop feeling so bored and restricted by the no killing parts of the exams. Naruto was set to return the day before the matches began, Sasuke would be with Kakashi as long as possible to finish their training and Chidori had both Itachi and Shisui teaching her.

Which left Kuroo with time to recover and reacclimate to village life again, as well as help Aina with her son while Shisui trained with their daughter. Kuroo had to marvel at the fact that Chidori was able to keep up with both Uchiha males, then again Kakashi had to go through almost the same situation with her and Obito then again with Kuroo, Itachi and Shisui. So he was bound to pick up a thing or two.

Chidori came home a bit roughed up but smirking like a cat who caught the canary. Which made Kuroo smirk. "Who won?" Kuroo asked, "Me, Uncle Itachi refed and Dad got caught in my Ironsand," she said as Itachi and Shisui walked in behind her. The latter was coated in a layer of dirt and dark sand. His hair was even more of a mess than usual and his clothing were all wonky and dirty. Kuroo had to hold back fits of laughter.

Itachi was openly smiling. "Oh Itachi a girl passed by asking for you," Kuroo said, Aina cringed and picked up Aozora, "Time for your bath mister," she cooed and Aozora giggled. "I wanna help," Chidori called and rushed after her mother, "I need a bath too," Shisui said taking off after them, it was all very obvious that they didn't want to be there for the conversation that was brought up when Kuroo mentioned a girl coming around for Itachi.

"That was idiotic," she said pointing over her shoulder at the little family that ran off. Itachi chuckled nervously and Kuroo tilted her head at him, "Itachi what are you worried about?" Kuroo said, "Well it was recently brought to our attention that, you as the oldest Uchiha are the head of the family, so if I remember the duties my father did, your the one that approves of couples, so your the one that decides if it will be beneficial to the clan," he said,

He's taken Aina's vacated seat across from Kuroo. "Where is all this coming from?" she asked leaning into the table as she's very invested in learning about all this new information, "Yeah, we got it from Kakashi and Minato who learned it from Jiraiya, who grew up with your dad." Itachi explained. "But my father was a branch member, that is what your father told me," Kuroo said, she was all turned around and confused.

"He only told you that to protect you, people had tried to kill you and you would have been in constant danger if you were announced as head of the clan," Itachi said reaching across the table and holding Kuroo's hands, "Okay let's put a pin in that and I'll remind myself to speak to Jiraiya about this, but for now, this girl..." she said and the took a moment, "Do you care about her?" Kuroo asked and Itachi nodded, "I do," then Kuroo nodded.

"Treat her right and just care about her, and I don't care who or where she comes from," Kuroo said and Itachi smiled. Jumping up from his seat he rushed around the table to get to Kuroo's side and hug her. "Akari has wanted to meet you for a while now," Itachi said and Kuroo smiled, "Then when the exams are over, you can bring her for dinner. Kakashi and I have been talking about moving back into the main house so everyone can be under one roof," she said.

This made Itachi smile. "That sounds perfect. I can't wait for that day," he added before rushing out. Shisui coming back, clean and toweling off his hair, smiled at Kuroo. "I'm surprised you aren't being overly protective of his love life," Shisui said, "Why should I?" she said as he sat, "Is this you trying to get a rise out of me? Or are you trying to tell me that she's not as good as Itachi is saying she is," Kuroo stated and Shisui shook his head.