Chap 4

Third person's point of view,

Kuroo stood before the Hokage and had a blank face as she was being told that she had passed all her tests and exams in regards to her promotion to Jônin. She'd only just finished getting used to being a Chûnin. But it seems that even that wasn't a proper level at which to identify her power and abilities.

She wasn't even 10 yet and already she held the same rank as her teacher. Accepting anyway because there was no valid reason for her to decline she was excused for the remainder of the day. Plus it meant she was one step closer to becoming Itachi's official bodyguard. She's been looking after him since he was a baby,

But now it would mean that she actually belonged to him, her life was his. Everyone knew how much sway Itachi had over Kuroo, this little boy so tiny and innocent had the power to control the actions of the strongest Uchiha since Madara. "Kuroo-nee-chan!!" That familiar voice called, turning to Itachi as he launched himself at Kuroo she caught him.

Her arms circling around the tiny 2-year-old and holding him closer to herself. "Good Morning Little Prince," she cooed as he giggled when she pressed a barrage of kisses into his cubby cheek, "That tickles!" He squealed as his hands held the ends of her hair to tug on slightly. "I wanna play!" He cheered as he held her shoulder.

Kuroo looked over Itachi's head at Mikoto who stood in the doorway of her home and smiled, which let Kuroo know that it was okay for the two of them to go and do as Itachi asked.

***

When the pair of them got to the park, Itachi was instantly playing in the sand box, building and drawing in the sand as Kuroo sat nearby watching him. It wasn't long till she was joined by Shisui who instantly sat with Itachi both of them now playing in the sand and just being children. Kakashi happened by the trio and stopped a few feet behind Kuroo,

"Are you following me now?" She said without even looking at him. He scoffed, "what need do I have following you." He said venomously, "envy, jealousy, spite, resentment, need I say more?" she asked rhetorically. Her intense stare still on him as she watched him out the corner of her eyes. About to open his mouth to clap back at her, her attention shot back to the boys,

In barely an instant she was in front of them and had her hands around the wrists of a ninja holding a sword the downward movement had already happened when she jumped in the way, she pushed with all her strength to keep the sword from coming down on not only Itachi but herself as well. "S-Shisui take Itachi  out of here." She growled and the young boy nodded.

Picking up the tiny boy he moved out of the way while Kakashi rushed to help. "Stay out of this!" Kuroo shouted anger fuelling her as someone had tried to attack Itachi. "But–" he started but she turned her eyes on him and they glowed bright red with the tomas spinning with her rage. Pushing the ninja back she gave herself space before setting her dangerous eyes on him.

***

In the distance a scream of pure fear echoed through the village, or as far as it could be heard. "Kakashi take this fool to the Hokage, he'll want to talk to him, I need to check on Itachi." She said before leaving, Kakashi growled out that he wasn't Kuroo's errand boy but she was already gone, rolling his eyes he had no choice but to do it.

When Kuroo found the two boys they were at Itachi's his mother held him and Fugaku looked him over his hand patting his son's back softly to soothe the boy who was teary-eyed and looking for Kuroo. Seeing her before the adults he called to her and made grabby hands at her as he whimpered to he held by her.

Reaching him she held his tiny hand but didn't take him from his mother, she needed to feel her son in her arms and Kuroo respected that, besides she had to speak with Fugaku anyway. "Sir, we have a problem," she said and he frowned. He had a feeling something like this would happen. "Mikoto put Itachi to bed, Kuroo and I will be in my office," he said and she nodded.

Kissing his son's head he led Kuroo into the house while Shisui stayed with Mikoto.

***

Kuroo sat opposite of Fugaku she'd just finished explaining everything she'd learned and he was angry. Angry that they'd try and kill his son, but he was relieved that Kuroo had been there. He feared the worse if she hadn't. Taking deep breaths he looked at her, he could feel her seething rage and see it in her eyes.

"Breathe Kuroo-chan, I'll think of something to do about this." He said and she nodded even though she too was already planning. Kuroo's brain didn't stop once as she moved through the Main house. She had plans for plans for plans running on any scenario she could think would happen, a lot of them didn't look so good while others were blood baths,

While one in particular seemed to really jump out at her, think on it more she left.

***

Leaving she didn't stay knowing that she'd be too distracted and needed to plan so she went to one of her team's quieter training fields. Once there she moved over to the strongest looking tree and unleashed a powerful Rasengan that blew out the back of the tree. As she needed to release that built up anger. But it wasn't enough.

She could still feel that burning rage bubbling, then like a bolt of lightning she realized how dangerous it would be if someone saw her like this and asked why she was so mad, it would led to questions that she wouldn't be able to answer. Snarling softly she sat heavily and punched the ground. "I need to work on how I express myself," she said sharply.