Epilogue

Astrid watched herself in the mirror as her 'Glam Squad' got her ready for the Alpha Ball that would occur tonight. This would be her first appearance at Andrew's side at a meeting like this and she was shitting bricks.

Of course, seeing the people within her pack was a whole different story. They had come around to embracing her as a part of the pack, and she had come around to accepting herself as a part of the pack.

To them she was no longer the Alpha's charge, the poor little girl with a drug addiction who lost both her parents. She was now a Luna and for their elitist society that meant something.

The other alphas were a different story, however. She knew that some of them would applaud Andrew for having such a beautiful and young mate - gag me with a spoon - while others would look down upon the unfortunate circumstances of their meeting.

It wasn't that she actually cared about what the other alphas though of her per se, but she did care about how they looked at Andrew and whether they'd still respect him and whatever children they might have.

Ugh children.

Astrid had no interest in becoming a mother any time soon. She was in her early twenties for goddess sake! But she knew that Andrew would need an heir to pass his title to, and deep down inside she wanted a child that she could be there for and love.

But that wouldn't be for a few more years. Right now Astrid had to face an even formidable foe.

Though I wouldn't put it past these alphas to act like children from time to time...

"All done." The woman doing Astrid's hair sprayed some hair spray to keep the curls in place and Astrid got up to put on the silver dress she had saved for the occasion. The color of the Silvis Territory.

She heard a knock at the door and knew that it was Andrew coming to pick her up. She had started sleeping in his bedroom - and doing other activities in there as well - and made her room into a 'getting ready' room that rivaled that of the Kardashian-Jenners.

"Hold on a second," she called out to him as she put the finishing touches on her outfit. The door open anyways and Andrew walked in.

"How do I look?" She twirled around and showed her the dress. While she didn't like how modest the dress was, she loved the way the color looked against her skin.

"You look fantastic my love." He smiled and walked over to her and pulled her in for a kiss, ruining her lipstick in the process.

"Great now I have to put more on." She pretended to pout in order to get a reaction from him.

"I make no apologies. Now let's get going so they don't accuse us of being late," he said with a wink.

~~~{ }~~~

The ball was grand and fantastical, everything she had expected. There was an excess of food and booze so all the alphas could brag about their lives and packs under the guise of mild intoxication.

Astrid had not touched the alcohol, with her recovery from drug addiction and whatnot, and Andrew being the supportive mate he was had been sipping on water the entire night. Yet that did not stop him from bragging about his life and pack.

"Astrid is an amazing Luna, the pack absolutely adores her," he droned on to a disinterested alpha from the North. The alpha smiled and nodded, but the daze in his eyes showed that he had not been listening to a word that Andrew was saying.

"She's nice to look at too, that must earn her some points as well."

Ah and theres the misogyny...

"I can assure you that while my mate certainly is beautiful, her charm and intelligence won over my pack," Andrew was quick to come to her rescue and while she knew that it was neither her charm nor her wit which had warmed the pack to her existence, that pig headed alpha need not know the truth.

The alpha had murmured a quick apology and had wandered off to schmooze someone else and Andrew and Astrid had snuck away into a back hallway to have a moment to themselves. Once he assured they were alone, he pulled her in for a kiss.

The kiss began to get heated as he let his tongue explore the inside of her mouth. His hands began to wander as hers had found their way into his suit jacket to get closer to his skin.

"Alpha Silvis I'm not sure this is appropriate ball behavior," she said as he left her lips and began trailing down her neck. Astrid let out a moan once she felt his hardness press against her front.

"I am so sorry my Luna how can I ever make it up to you?" He began to suck on her mark which made Astrid's certain place burst with pleasure.

"I can think of a few ways." She trailed her hand down his front and grabbed at the bulge in his pants while she moved her mouth to his ear. "One of them is getting me out of this dress."

Andrew let out a groan and moved to her lips once again. They made out for a few minutes before he broke the kiss by swooping her into his arms bridal style.

"That can be arranged my love."

~~~{ }~~~

Astrid was spent after their endeavors post Alpha Ball. She was sore in between her legs and had a trail full of hickeys on her neck leading down to her mark. There were even some littered on her stomach and her breasts.

Someone took the half a wolf thing a little too seriously.

She looked to see Andrew passed out in bed, soft snores coming from his mouth. She kissed his cheek and got out of bed to make the both of them breakfast. She was grateful that the goddess gave her a loving, kind, and handsome mate. While the journey to this moment was rocky with many, many unnecessary steps - like him raising her - she was thankful that they had made it.

She started making the toast and bacon while a half awake Andrew walked down the stairs. He came over to kiss her and sat down at a barstool while she began serving breakfast.

"The food smells delicious."

She smiled and muttered a thanks before she made both of their plates.

"Something is bothering you I can feel it," Andrew looked at his mate with worry.

"Nothing, it's stupid."

"Nothing you think is stupid, tell me what's wrong."

Seeing Andrew in bed this morning, the two of them tangled together in the sheets, it had stirred something primal in her. Something that made her want to have his children.

"Do you want kids?"

"I mean I'd love to have kids with you, but if you're not ready then we don't have to."

"I want us to be a family, I want us to have a family."

He smiled at her and leaned in to peck her lips.

"You'll always be my family Astrid, but if that's what you want then I'd be more than happy to have a family with you."

"Let's start now then."

~ The End ~