Chapter 8 - All the Stars

Mature and triggering scenes ahead.

~~~{ }~~~

When Astrid was younger, she would always stare up at the stars with Andrew and talk about everything. He would point to the brightest two stars in the sky and smile down at her, telling her that those were her parents watching over her. She would always smile and tell him that he was being silly. These star gazing sessions usually ended with Astrid passed out.

Today, however, Astrid lay on a blanket she brought out, and looked up at the stars with tears in her eyes. At the moment, she was cursing her parents, the moon goddess, and any other entity that was willing to listen. In her system currently was a whole lot of THC.

She looked to the first bright star and started her rant.

"You know dad, your best friend is my mate. It's like... kinda weird." Astrid spaced out for a second before she collected her thoughts. "I can tell why you'd like him. He's nice and considerate... and I'm just me. A fuck up." As more tears fell, Astrid wondered if she should go to Pierce's house and let him erase her memory. Just for the night.

Astrid then turned to the next star and started getting angry. Her mother couldn't even stay alive for her. She didn't even want to stay alive for her. Fallon left Astrid without a mother, and a name, and that's something that Georgina couldn't even replace. Lastly, Astrid's red rimmed eyes turned to the moon.

The moon goddess.

In teenage words, she was a total troll. The moon goddess thought it'd be funny to kill both of Astrid's parents and then make her mate 20 years older than her. Who does that?

Sighing, she got up and dragged her blanket behind her. It was a warm summer night so Astrid had no problem making the trek over to Pierce's house. Once she made it, she walked over to the door and rang the bell. As always Beatrice opened the door and allowed Astrid inside the mansion. Beatrice informed Astrid that Pierce was currently in the home gym, so Astrid made her way down there.

"Wow. Working out at 10 PM. Now that's dedication." She smiled at her golden boy and he opened his arms to welcome her hug.

"To what do I owe this occasion? A beautiful girl doesn't just break into your house everyday." Rolling her eyes, she laughed at Pierce's antics.

"I came to see my favorite human." Pierce smiled at her unaware of her double meaning. Leaning down, he kissed her and she answered his passion.

"Why don't you stay the night?" He smile down at her, determination evident in his eyes.

She answered him with a smile, and they both made their way over to Pierce's room. Once the door was closed, Pierce slammed his lips onto Astrid's and his hands made their way to the bottom of her shirt. Pulling off her shirt, he then released her breasts from her bra. His lips made their way down her neck and Astrid let out a moan when he nipped an extra sensitive spot on her neck. Where Andrew's mark goes. Shaking the guilt off, she went to take off Pierce's shirt.

     Pierce was an already attractive male, but he was 100 times hotter when he didn't have a shirt on. She slid her hand down his abs and made her way to his shorts, which he quickly shed. Just before she was about to get down on her knees, Pierce had bitten down on the sensitive mark.

     "Ouch. Pierce what was that for?" She looked up at him and saw a dark smile on his face.

     "I wanted a taste." Pierce whispered in a husky voice that she guessed he thought was sexy. Astrid felt uncomfortable and pushed him off. She got her bra and her shirt and ran out the door leaving a confused Pierce in her wake.

~~~{ }~~~

     When Astrid made her way back to the Alpha house, she found Andrew passed out on the couch. He had probably waited for her. Feeling bad, Astrid went to get the throw blanket and placed it over Andrew's large body. She kneeled to his sleeping face and had a feeling of guilt for everything she's put him through.

     "I'm sorry." She whispered at him and kissed his forehead. Walking up to her bedroom, she took a shower and then went to brush her teeth. Astrid examined herself in the mirror and looked at all the bruises and hickeys and paused when she looked at her neck.

     "No no no no no no no no no no" Astrid was frantically wishing the bite mark off of her neck. She didn't even know that human teeth could do that. Astrid could feel a panic attack coming.

     Sliding to the floor she grabbed at her neck and started scratching at her mark. When mates mark each other, a bruise forms in the shape of teeth marks on the neck. Somehow, Pierce's kinks caused a bite shaped mark to appear at Astrid's mark site. Andrew is definitely going to hate me for this. This thought made Astrid sink into a deeper hole.

     Frantically, she rushed over to her special box, and pulled out the one substance she said she'd never mess with. Opioids were so strong that lethal doses for humans were near lethal doses for werewolves. Astrid's friend Patrick had left it at her house one day, and she selfishly kept it, knowing in the back of her mind that she'd need it one day.

     Astrid didn't want to die, but at the moment she didn't want to live either. She just wanted her brain to be silent for a moment. She didn't know where Patrick's stuff came from, but all of that was irrelevant as she put the powder in a spoon and started heating it up.

     Injecting it in her system, Astrid sat against her wall and looked up at the stars. All of a sudden, her breathing got shallow. Internally, she started freaking out before she slowly drifted into unconsciousness.