Chapter 12 - Things fall apart

Astrid and Andrew had stared at each other for five minutes now, waiting for the other to make a move. Astrid was ashamed that she had been caught, the gig was up. Andrew was feeling so many emotions, he did not know what to say. A few more minutes ticked by before Astrid said something into the void.

"Look..." Andrew had interrupted her as soon as she uttered her first words.

"Astrid you are in no position to say anything right now." He gave her a stern look and made sure she was listening before he continued. "What I found in your room..." He began to choke up and had to take a few breaths. "What I found in your room was something I didn't think I'd ever find."

Astrid had her head down and continued to listen to Andrew express his disappointment in her. He looked down on her at the moment, and she now knew that he would probably never make her his Luna. Something she was conflicted on becoming, yet distraught over losing.

"Why?" The one worded question lingered in the air. Andrew wanted to know what would cause her to be so reckless.

     "There's a lot of reasons why Andrew."

     He ran a hand through his hair in frustration and huffed.

     "Well then list them. There wasn't just weed in there Astrid. You had drugs that could kill you. Kill your wolf!"

     Astrid let out a laugh at what had happened the other day. If only he knew.

     "What about this is funny?"

     There was a pause before she answered.

     "Everything. I've been doing this for years Andrew and no one has given a shit. So why care now? The other night I almost OD'd on heroin and where were you? Asleep downstairs. Maybe I wanted to die didn't you think of that!"

     "What do you mean you wanted to die? Look at what you have Astrid. You have a house and food and a family that loves you."

     "My parents are dead! My mother couldn't even live for me!"

     "Then you live for yourself!"

     Andrew took a deep breath before he continued.

     "The pack is your family. They love you. Georgina is your family. She loves you. I am your family. And I... I love you."  The last part was whispered and Andrew knew his love ran deeper than a familial love. He knew that she knew it too.

     "You're my mate. You're supposed to love me."

     Astrid had made her confession. Exposed her dirty little secret. Yet neither of them was surprised. Andrew had been expecting this confession sooner or later and Astrid was a hundred percent sure of herself.

     "No that's not why I love you."

     "I just exposed your lie and that's all you have to say?"

     It was Andrew's turn to laugh now. After all the shit he'd been through these past few years he knew that he was tired.

     "I'm tired Astrid. I'm so so tired."

     "Then why don't you just reject me. I heard you talk to Nolan and I know you want someone else. Just reject me!"

     "I said those words out of frustration Astrid. You're always frustrating me. You know we're mates yet you come home smelling of another man. Another man's seed!"

     Astrid hung her head again in shame. She did this so often that she was sure her neck would soon stay like that. But she knew she couldn't just let him shame her when he wanted another woman.

     "His name is Pierce. He took care of me when you weren't there for me. He talked to me when you were busy doing whatever the fuck you do. He loved me when you said you wanted someone else."

     "What are you talking about? I've always been there for you. I've always talked with you. Hell I've always loved you! It's you who shut yourself out and looked for comfort in other people. I've never even looked at a woman knowing I'd find my mate."

     "Well..."

     "Well nothing Astrid just give it up. I'm tired of fighting and I don't know how you aren't too."

           ~~~{ }~~~

Andrew was contemplating what to do with Astrid. After he told her that he was tired of fighting, he had walked away to where he was now. In his study. He was googling different rehabilitation centers and other centers for troubled were teens. He knew Astrid needed help. Serious help.

There was one place in the back of his mind, but he didn't know whether or not that would be the best place for her. The Academy was a training facility for wolves, a sorts of military school if you will. It trained teenage wolves of all kinds to become warriors and it especially revered for its ability to turn troubled wolves into respectful members of society.

He knew Astrid would hate him forever if he sent her there. He would think she was abandoning her and he didn't want that. She didn't need that again. However, maybe it would be good for her. He wouldn't send her there for the 5 years that most students were there for. She could go until she turned 18, and that was a year and a half away.

     Smiling to himself, he called the dean and explained his situation. After much negotiating (and a lot of money promised to be spent), Andrew had gotten Astrid into the school even though she would be 3 years too late. Then again he didn't want a warrior. He wanted a mature Astrid.

     The academy would turn her into the leader that she was born to be. He knew she'd hate him for a while, but he had the feeling that she hated him now so it didn't really matter.

     The goddess gave him Astrid and he intended on keeping her.