Chapter 5 - His Favourite Worst Nightmare

Andrew couldn't sleep that night. He had been awoken at 12 by the incessant pacing of his wolf in his head. Something wasn't right, and Andrew knew it had something to do with his mate. She had ended her boy crazy stage, but once she started high school she became a party animal. There had been many times where Andrew would have this same feeling and wait for Astrid until whenever she came home. The only good thing was that she didn't come home high or intoxicated. She was good in that sense.

Andrew walked downstairs to the living room and waited for Astrid to come home. He knew it would be a while so he made some popcorn and turned on the TV. After watching reruns and infomercials, the front door opened at 3:27. He sensed it was his mate, so he got up to catch her before she made a mad dash to the stairs.

"Where have you been, and don't lie to me because it's three in the morning! I swear to the goddess Astrid you can't keep doing this!" Andrew ran a hand through his hair in his stressed state. His wolf was starting to surface and he had to wrestle it back down. Something he'd been doing a lot since Astrid came into his life. While he trusted that she wouldn't try anything drastic, like dugs or alcohol, it was still unsafe to wander so late at night.

"I was at a party being a teenager since no one apparently lets me do that!" She thought she was cute huh. Andrew walked closer to her in hopes that her scent would calm his wolf. He was angry that our mate would act so carelessly for trivial human experiences.

"Leaving the territory and coming home at 3 in the morning isn't being a teenager Astrid, it's being irresponsible." He continued to walk forward until Astrid hit the wall. "Do you know what could happen? Do you even think when you do things like this? I don't-" He was cut off by the smell mixed in with hers. More specifically, it was a male. A male's seed if you wanted to be extra specific.

Andrew was taken aback. He was sure that his face held an expression of pain and betrayal, but he couldn't break down in front of her. Then he'd have to explain, and he still had two years left to do that. He quickly walked back to his office and shut the door. Once he was sure no one could hear, or smell, him, he let the tears flow.

~~~{ }~~~

     At 12:45, Nolan walked through the doors to the Alpha's office. Astrid had mind linked him informing Nolan of the fight that she and Andrew had earlier that morning. Naturally, she left out details, but she gave him a good enough retelling of the story. After lecturing her for 20 minutes, he made his way to console his Alpha and friend.

     "Andrew, are you ok?" Nolan could smell tears in the air that Andrew no doubt shed in his depressed state. He was half asleep on his desk and his face held large bags.

     "I'm fine Nolan." Andrew was not in the mood to converse with anyone. His wolf was feeling betrayed, and in a way Andrew was too. While Astrid didn't know that Andrew was his mate, she still knew that you had to wait for you mate. He had ensured she'd learn that before something like this happened.

    "I don't think you're fine dude. You look like shit."

     "Thank you for pointing out the obvious. If you could leave now that would be excellent." Andrew kept his head on his desk and used the arm that was not supporting his head to point to the door.

     "You know I'm joking, you need someone to cheer you up. I don't know the complete story of what happened with Astrid, but it must've been bad if you're acting like this."

    Andrew sighed and picked up his head. He looked up at his beta with sad eyes. "I have reason to believe that she found a new boyfriend." He got up and walked to the window where he stared out at the forest. "I don't get why she has such a restless spirit. Fallon and Dean were never like that. I just... I just feel like she'll leave one day." Andrew started choking up and knew that if he continued, he'd most surely cry.

     It hurt Nolan to see his best friend of all these years suffer like this. He walked over and patted Andrew's back. "Perhaps she can channel all of that energy into her Luna duties one day." Andrew let out a humorless laugh and Nolan gave his friend a concerned expression. They both knew Astrid could possibly never be the Luna of the Silvis Territory.

     "Perhaps I should just start looking for a new Luna."

     "You don't seriously mean that, do you?"

     "Nolan what am I supposed to do? She never takes responsibility nor does she participate in pack festivities. She won't even eat with the pack. Am I supposed to sit here and pray to the moon goddess that she has an epiphany!" Andrew threw his arms up in frustration. This wasn't how any of this was supposed to go. She was supposed to learn to love him in the way mates do.

     "She's just a teenager. Give her some time to grow. You might be surprised, you could both have an epiphany."

     "Sometimes I feel like this is more stress than it's worth. I have to constantly keep fighting my wold for dominance and it's draining."

     "Don't say that. Reese is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and you know how she gets when she's angry." Both men chuckled at that, unaware of the person listening front the vent above.

~~~{ }~~~

I haven't done authors notes at all, but I just want to thank everyone who supports this book! Even though we're only at about 100 reads it still means the world to me (I don't even know 100 people lol).

Also, this chapter was named after Arctic Monkeys lyrics :).