Chapted 24 - Revelations

"Why?"

     Andrew was sitting at his desk in his large chair looking every bit like the leader he was. Astrid was intimidated by his presence, especially since she had to explain what Achilles had revealed.

     She was still talking to Pierce even after she had told him that she wasn't. Not only did this sting for Andrew, but it was another breach of trust and he wanted to know why she did it.

     "Why what? There's a lot to explain so you'll have to be more specific."

     Andrew huffed and rubbed at his temples.

    "Why were you still talking to him? Why did you lie to me? You told me to my face that you weren't talking to him." Andrew was trying to keep his temper in check so he didn't lash out at her. He wanted her to explain what had happened and he knew that she wouldn't talk if he started yelling.

     "That first day at the academy I had called you and said that no one liked me there but you didn't listen. I got into a fight with Achilles that day and I had ended up in the Dean's office and I needed someone to talk to and you couldn't be that person."

     "You got into a fight your first day? Why didn't the dean tell me about this?"

     "See! That's what I mean. You don't care about my feelings you just care about the strings you had to pull to put me in that prison."

     Astrid had to take a few deep breaths before she continued. Her heart was racing and she felt light headed; all the emotion she felt in the last few years hitting her like a freight train. Andrew stayed quiet and waited for her to finish her story.

     "So after you did nothing for me I called Pierce because I knew he would comfort me. And after that day I continued to call him because he was my shoulder to lean on. We've always been each other's shoulder to lean on." Astrid realized that Pierce had been with her through a lot, even if some of it was ugly.

     "Right because someone who introduces you to drugs is such a great friend."

     Astrid couldn't believe that Andrew had the audacity to say that. Pierce wasn't perfect and he had his own demons, but that's what drew them together. They knew what it was like to feel abandoned and like a disappointment.

     "Why do you think I was taking those drugs in the first place?"

     Andrew and Astrid were staring each other in the eye and Andrew could see the fury in Astrid's eyes. She was pissed and deep down inside he knew she had a reason to be.

     "I don't know what to say." Andrew felt guilty that he hadn't been there for her sooner. He felt guilty that he couldn't see that she was struggling and instead of helping her he reprimanded her.

     "You don't have to say or do anything Andrew. Everything you've said and done has done more harm than good."

     ~~~{     }~~~

      Astrid left a shocked Andrew alone in his office. She wanted to go for a walk to clear her head of all the fuzz. As she passed the pack house, she saw Achilles and what looked to be her parents talking. Achilles had been discharged but she still looked like crap and Astrid knew it would take a few days to heal.

     Astrid tried to turn around and walk away, but she was called over by the party.

     "Astrid? Astrid Forrester?"

     "Yep that's me." Astrid gave the group an awkward smile and hoped she was being polite. She really didn't want to be here.

    "Hi my name is Alpha Thomas. I am so sorry for the behavior of my pack member and we were about to talk to your alpha about this whole situation." Alpha Thomas pointed to the group. Achilles' parents looked like they didn't want a lawsuit while Achilles looked bored. Astrid could tell that none of this was her idea.

     "Ah. Well Alpha Silvis is still in his office I believe. I just came from there." Astrid addressed Andrew by his proper title to avoid any more issues. There was already enough on her plate.

     "Great! Oh and before I go, we had Achilles write you this apology note." Alpha Thomas handed her a piece of paper and Astrid stared at it knowing that she was never going to read it. She quietly nodded her head and gave him a tight smile.

     Alpha Thomas turned to leave with Achilles right behind him. She didn't even give Astrid a second glance, some apology huh.

     Achilles' parents had stayed behind to thank Astrid for not getting their daughter into worse trouble. She had given them too the tight smile and nod before they followed Achilles and the alpha to Andrew's office.

     Astrid started walking and this time she knew where she would go. Everything was out in the open now and she had nothing to hide. She walked to familiar path to Pierce's house and had landed on his front door.

     She hesitated before she knocked, but she ended up knocking three times. As per usual, his maid opened the door and after a small catchup, Astrid made her way to his bedroom.

    Walking in she found him passed out on his bed. Even though it was the afternoon, Pierce was recovering from a party.

     She walked over to his bed and took in his sleeping form. Then she bent over and whispered in his ear.

      "Wake up sleepy head."

     He groaned and then opened his eyes, jumping out of bed once his brain registered that Astrid was standing in front of him.

     "Oh my god you're here!" He grabbed her and spun her around while kissing her face.

      "God I missed you so much." He put her down and smiled his award winning smile.

    "Oh goddess I have so much to tell you." He laughed and patted sat down on his bed, patting the area next to him.

    Astrid had spilled about what had happened in the past week and Pierce ate it up.

    "I can't believe that happened to you. That's literally insane."

    "Ugh I know. And she gave me this shitty apology letter. I haven't read it and I'm honestly not planning on reading it."

    "Ooh let me see."

     Astrid pulled out the note from her back pocket and gave it to Pierce. As he was reading it, he would bring the paper up to his nose to sniff it. After he did it a second time, Astrid's eyes opened wide in recognition.

     "Astrid, your ass smells really good."