We're Being Punked, Pedro Part 2

Stiles, Hope and Josie spoke with Dorian at a table. ''I'm sorry. I can't let you go.'' He said. ''No. I need to go home to see my sister.'' Josie said. ''Your Dad is with your sister. I'm under strict orders to keep you here.'' Dorian said. ''Why?'' Hope asked while Stiles looked towards the stack of books Dorian had. There was an open book that showed the exact same monster he had seen in his visions. 

''Why are you researching that?'' He asked. Dorian looked startled before he quickly closed the books, confirming Stiles suspicions. Dorian was keeping a secret from them. ''Who are you?'' The adult asked. ''I'm a fellow supernatural.'' Stiles responded. ''And what would that be?'' Dorian asked. ''Merman.'' Stiles answered. ''W-what?'' Dorian looked confused and surprised. Stiles sighed. ''I know. Hard to believe but believe it.'' He said.

''Anyway, please let us go.'' Hope said. Dorian looked skeptical before he decided to let them go. The three walked all the way to the school and entered the building. 

''Lizzie?!'' Josie called out. The three already felt like there was something wrong. The place was quiet, too quiet. Stiles senses were alert as he felt like there was something in this place. ''We should split up. I'll go check the library.'' Hope said before leaving. 

''I'll scout the place.'' Stiles said to Josie before leaving the brunette alone. 

With Hope~

Hope walked through the hallways when a voice made her jump. ''What are you doing here?'' She jumped and turned around to see Alaric, all fine. ''Oh my god, you scared me.'' She said, trying to calm her beating heart.

''Dorian was supposed to keep you away.'' Alaric said. ''Tried.'' Hope corrected. ''He lost. But here.'' Hope handed him a small folklore book. ''Killing Gargoyles 101. He thought you could translate it.'' She informed him. Alaric flipped through the pages. ''Ghoulish.'' He said. Hope looked at him confused. ''So are we on our own or did the ghouls provide clear instructions?'' She asked. They suddenly hear a bang above them and a shriek, followed by a louder shriek. ''Is that?'' Hope asked. ''Yeah. Listen. It poisoned Lizzie. I'm guessing to get my attention. Then it attack me and took the knife.'' Alaric said. ''The knife? The Dragon Knife? And you're still breathing?'' Hope asked incredulously. ''I might have a theory about that.'' Alaric said. As they spoke, little do they know there was a certain merman fighting the gargoyle.

With Stiles (seconds before the fight happened)~

Stiles stepped on the second floor, keeping an eye on his surroundings. He conjured an ice staff and held it forward. He suddenly hears breathing in another hallway in front of him that led to the left. He readied his weapon before he ran and let out a shout. He comes face to face with a gargoyle and he stares in shock as it did too. The monster felt something strange about this boy. He seemed to be a human, but he reeked of supernatural blood. It made a decision before it lunged at Stiles with a shriek. 

Stiles dodged and smacked his staff against it's back, only for the monster to grab it and throw it away. The gargoyle slashed at Stiles but he back flipped out of the way. He then released his siren scream and the gargoyle covered it's ears in pain as it shrieked. Stiles stopped and shot fire at it, only for it to not have an effect on the gargoyle. It shrieked and ran at him with the knife he just spotted. He then turned his own body into water collapsed into a puddle, the monster missing. Stiles then shaped his water form into the form of a snake before wrapping himself around the gargoyle, squeezing it.

The monster struggled as it tried to get itself out of his grip. It suddenly freed its hand and grabbed Stiles neck before ripping him of it and throwing him to the wall. Stiles reformed back into his human form as he groaned. He looked to see the monster was plain out of sight.