Chapter 16

"He was crying on the swings?" Ji-ae scoffed, crossing her arms and furrowing her brows.

You sighed.

It was going on 20 minutes now that you were replaying the scene for her, over and over, and each time she found something new to pick at.

Apparently telling her about the prolonged hug was a wrong move, since now she was acting as if it was a date rather than a rescue mission.

"What!?" She grumbled, "You don't think it's weird he went straight to a playground?"

You shook your head at her.

"Ji, don't you think it makes sense, all things considered?"

You watched as the girl bit her lip in silent contemplation before seemingly accepting your answer, allowing you to continue before she interjected again.

"Look, nothing is going on between us, beyond me initiating him into parenthood... I swear," You stressed again, putting the last of Min Jun's toys into his box.

It was really a waste of time cleaning up after him, since it wouldn't be another 5 minutes before they were strewn across the living room floor again.

"It's not that I don't believe you," Ji started. "It's just that you fell under his spell once before and look what happened."

As she spoke, Ji-ae had picked Min Jun up off the couch and held him out towards you as if you didn't personally push him out of your hoo-ha only four years ago.

"Yeah, believe it or not Ji, my son and I have met before," You grumbled at her.

Min Jun squirmed until he was placed back on the couch, so he could continue watching Big Hero 6 for the fifth time that day.

"I just worry for you, you know that. Can you blame me for being a little protective?" She said with a pout, reaching out to place a patronizing hand on your shoulder.

Sure, if it weren't for Ji, you would have gone through this entire parenting thing alone.

And she would know more than anyone that even if even if it Jimin not being a part of yours or Min Jun's life wasn't intentional, it still hurt you a lot.

"Yeah yeah I know," you sighed, swatting her hand away. "but trust me, the only thing on my mind right now is how the hell I'm going to navigate the whole 'celebrity-parent' thing."

Careful to not say the word 'father' in front of your son, you tried to stress the situation you had spoken about that morning.

The whole international superstar situation was something you hadn't quite put enough thought into.

Last night and the panic that ensued over Jimin being out in the world on his own reminded you of just how different your lives really were.

And how different Min Jun's would become in the future.

"Ultimately, it's your decision, but if you want my opinion..." She began, pausing for your approval to continue talking.

You nodded at her, pulling her over to the side and out of ear shot of your son.

"I think you should let Jimin bring Min Jun into the spotlight with him. I know you better than anyone, and I know you wouldn't be happy if you felt like you were hiding your son. I also know that you would be angrier than a hungry bear if keeping it a secret backfires and Min Jun starts to resent you for holding him back." She paused to gauge your reaction before starting again, "That being said, I think you and Jimin have a lot to talk about when it comes to how you're going to go about this."