Chapter 9

"Predictable.." You groaned out as you spotted the large bouquet of flowers laid across the back seat of the car.

"For you Ma'am, curtosy of Mr. Park" The driver said to you, turning around in his seat to send you a smile.

"Yeah well Mr. Park shouldn't have" you replied under your breath, nudging them out of the way as you took your seat.

The door automatically closed before you had a chance to reach for the handle, making you cower away in shock.

"Shall we go?" The driver asked, peering at you through the rear-view mirror.

You gave him a quick nod before shifting your gaze to look out the window.

You stared up at the safety of your building as it slowly disappeared from view, the sudden absence of it making your stomach churn with nerves.

Your hand still nervously gripping your keys as you took a few deep breaths.

It's just coffee

It's going to be okay

He might not even ask about Min Jun

Your positive thoughts allowed you to get ahold of yourself enough to check out the unwanted gift from Jimin.

You reached over, holding it in front of you as you examined it.

It was beautiful, that much you could admit.

A dozen pink and red tulips tied delicately together with a white ribbon.

Beautiful and totally unnescessary.

He's just making me more nervous.

Your eyes fixed on the road ahead, flowers now back on the seat as before, you held your breath as the Bighit building finally came into view.

You desperately tried to calm the swarm of butterflies fluttering around in your stomach but it was no use.

Following the same path as you and Ji-ae had done the last time, the driver turned into the underground parking, stopping just in front of the door to the elevator.

The door made a popping sound, swinging open automatically.

Not wanting to get out just yet you slowly reached over to grab the flowers, deciding that it might come across as rude if you didn't bring them with you.

The driver was peering back at you through his mirror impatiently as you took your sweet time gathering your few items before exiting the car one foot at a time.

"Have a good day Ma'am" The man politely called to you as you finally stood up.

"You too Sir" you replied mindlessly, shuffling out of the way.

As soon as you had cleared the doorway it shut, driving off and leaving you standing in the parking lot alone.

You took another deep breath before lifting your eyes, intending to shuffle as slowly as possibly towards the elevators.

That was, until you noticed a familiar figure leaning up against the wall opposite you.

Your ability to speak lost on you in the moment. All you could do was stare wide eyed at the boy.

You shuffled towards him, attempting to lighten the tension as he moved to hold open the door for you.

"Hey Y/N" He mumbled, offering you a nervous smile.

"H-hey" you replied, nodding a thank you as you walked past him through the door.

Thankfully the elevator was waiting at B1, so you were only subjected to one awkward moment.