𝟯.𝟳 the shirt

RUN, BUNNY, RUN... 𓏴

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗜 𝗠𝗔𝗬 fail but i will never give up ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

 ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳

🖇·˚ ≋♡

- 2020, October 7th

- 2020, October 7th

A day later, back at the familiar building, Mercy bid Heeseung goodbye, the desire for one last kiss lingering on her lips. However, the risk was too great within those walls. Their relationship was an open secret; many knew, but the unspoken agreement to keep it under wraps prevailed. Surprisingly, even Bang-PD had given his tacit approval, emphasizing discretion as the key.

Yet, beneath the surface of their clandestine romance, a harsh reality lingered, one that no one dared to voice. Mercy had, in a way, bartered parts of herself for the life she now led. She could vanish, work elsewhere, but the omnipresent gaze would persist. Her existence had been thrust into the unforgiving spotlight of fame, where every step, every gesture was meticulously scrutinized. And yet, she found a strange solace in it. Recognition had been bestowed upon her not merely for her dance and singing prowess but for her talent. In an industry pulsating with creativity, she reveled in being acknowledged.

Beomgyu, ever the blunt one, was the first to greet her. 'So, how was your little rendezvous with Heeseung?'

'It went well,' Mercy responded, the two of them making their way towards the practice rooms. The looming release of their next album was just ten days away. While most of the work was done, these final days were dedicated to fine-tuning their dance routines, ensuring they reached a level beyond perfection.

'Went well, huh,' Beomgyu teased, wiggling his eyebrows, to which Mercy simply pushed him away.

'You're disgusting,' she chuckled.

'Me?' Beomgyu feigned offense, placing a hand over his chest.

Rolling her eyes, Mercy quipped, 'Where are the rest?'

'Already in the practice room,' Beomgyu replied, opening the door to the men's locker room, ready to head inside. 'I'll see you on the other side.'

She chuckled again before entering the women's locker room. One of the perks was that it was practically her own, given the absence of other female idols. This solitude, however, was bound to change when they moved to a larger building under Hybe, the newly rebranded label. Mercy vaguely recalled Bang-PD's announcement about the new premises and the name change. Each sub-label would have its own floor, promising a new sense of camaraderie among fellow female artists.

After changing her clothes, Mercy closed her bag and set it on the bench.

Practice went by smoothly, and as the session concluded, it was time to head back to their dorm. Untying her ponytail, Mercy strolled into the locker room, only to come to an abrupt halt. Her bag was not where she had left it.

With brisk steps, she approached the spot and began rummaging through it, finding everything seemingly intact — except for her shirt. Puzzled, she had vividly remembered placing it there. An odd sense of concern crept in.

Frantically, Mercy started searching the entire locker room. Where could she have misplaced her shirt? Had someone taken it? The notion seemed absurd. Why would anyone take her shirt? Surely, she must have forgotten where she put it. And yet, the unsettling question lingered: where was it?

Could it have been Beomgyu and Huening Kai, who were playing another one of their stupid pranks on her? It wouldn't be the first time they did it, hiding her things.

Sighing, Mercy retrieved her phone, dialing Beomgyu's number.

'Hello?' he answered, sounding a bit puzzled.

'Did you take my shirt?' Mercy inquired, a note of frustration in her voice.

She heard him scoff on the other end of the line. 'Your shirt? Why would I take your shirt?'

Normally, she might have assumed it was one of Beomgyu's pranks, but his genuine confusion gave her pause. Doubt crept in, making her consider other possible culprits.

'What about Huening Kai?' Mercy questioned.

'Merc, we wouldn't take your shirt. Your phone, perhaps. Your wallet, maybe. . . passport, not entirely unreasonable,' Beomgyu responded with a teasing tone.

Mercy exhaled a small sigh. 'Whatever. I probably just forgot it somewhere.'

'