𝟰.𝟮 romeo and juliet

RUN, BUNNY, RUN... 𓏴

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗜 𝗠𝗔𝗬 fail but i will never give up ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

 ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳

🖇·˚ ≋♡

- 2020, December

- 2020, December

Mercy rested her head against Heeseung's shoulder, the worry etched across both of their faces. Originally, seeing Heeseung would have brought her happiness, but under the circumstances, anxiety overshadowed any joy.

Outside Bang PD's office, they exchanged concerned glances, well aware of the reason behind the summons. Beomgyu had filled them in – old pictures from their pre-debut days had been leaked. Mercy felt her heart pounding in her throat, a sinking realization that only two people had access to those pictures: herself and Heeseung. The conclusion was unsettling – if the stalker had managed to breach her phone, there was no telling what other personal information they might have obtained.

'You can come in now...'

With a small sigh, Mercy stood up, her hand tightly holding Heeseung's. Together, they entered the office, where Bang PD greeted them with a somber expression.

'We know you two care deeply for one another,' he began, his eyes filled with pity. 'However, it's already spreading all over the internet, and even if we deny the rumors, the picture speaks for itself. You can clearly see you two.'

Bang PD's words hung heavily in the air, and the weight of potential consequences bore down on them. Mercy's mind raced with worry for Heeseung's career, and the undeniable truth that their efforts to keep their relationship private had been compromised.

Mercy's stomach plummeted, the color draining from her face as she braced herself for the impending judgment. The air in the room seemed to thicken as Bang PD's words hung heavily between them.

'For the sake of both of your careers, we're going to have to ask you two to break up for the foreseeable future.'

The gravity of the directive crashed over Mercy, and her entire body tensed. She should have reacted more, expressed her shock or protested, but a strange numbness enveloped her, rendering her unable to move or speak.

'You're asking us to break up?' she finally managed to choke out, her voice barely audible in the tense silence.

'Mercy...' Heeseung began, a pained expression on his face.

She slowly released her grip on Heeseung's hand, taking a hesitant step closer to him, her eyes searching for reassurance. 'But PD-nim, I can't do that.'

'I know, Mercy,' Bang PD replied with a heavy sigh, empathy etched across his features. 'But it is only until his career has stabilized.'

Sighing heavily, Mercy nodded, and Heeseung followed suit. Bang PD gave them both a firm nod. 'You're free to go.'

Without uttering another word, Heeseung and Mercy hurriedly exited the room and sought refuge in an empty practice room.

In the private space, Heeseung wasted no time pulling her into a tight embrace, his arms enveloping her as if trying to imprint the warmth of the moment into his memory. Their bodies pressed against each other, finding solace in the familiar contours that fit perfectly together.

No words were needed; the unspoken understanding hung heavily in the air. Both of them knew that, for the sake of their careers and the groups they represented, they would have to make the painful choice to prioritize professional aspirations over their personal desires.

As much as they cherished each other, the opportunity to become an idol was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. The odds of finding someone to love were significantly higher, but the choice to continue their relationship would not only be unwise but also undeniably selfish. Mercy knew that pursuing their love would jeopardize not only their individual careers but also pose a risk to the success of their respective groups. Despite the unwavering support from her own group members, the situation was different for Heeseung's group, and the potential fallout wasn't worth the risk.

'It'll be all right, Mina,' Heeseung reassured her, his hand tenderly cupping her cheek, his thumb tracing soothing circles against her skin.

'I'm so sorry,' she whispered, the weight of the situation heavy on her heart. 'I promised I—I'm going to fix it. Trust me, I'll fix it,' she vowed, but Heeseung silenced her with a tender kiss that spoke volumes more than words ever could.

'Heeseung...' Mercy's voice trembled as she began, 'You know we'll always find each other in the end, right?'

'Of course, Mina. Till death do us part, yeah?' Heeseung affirmed, the depth of his commitment evident in his words.

Mercy bit down on her lower lip, almost harsh enough to draw blood, desperate to hold back the tears threatening to spill. The fear of losing control over her emotions consumed her, especially if Heeseung allowed his own tears to fall. He had never shied away from expressing vulnerability in front of her, a testament to the depth of their connection.

When tears streamed down Heeseung's cheeks, Mercy's emotional dam broke.

Closing the distance between them, Mercy pressed her lips against his, hoping to convey all the love and sorrow that words couldn't express. It was a bittersweet kiss, tears mingling with the shared warmth of their connection.

'I have to go, Mina,' Heeseung mumbled against her lips.

'I know...'

Pulling away from the kiss, Heeseung placed a final peck on her forehead.

'I love you, okay?' he whispered.

'I love you too.'

Reluctantly letting go, Heeseung forced a smile before leaving the practice room. As Mercy watched his departing figure with wistful eyes, the realization dawned that finding someone as extraordinary as him seemed an impossible task.

 As Mercy watched his departing figure with wistful eyes, the realization dawned that finding someone as extraordinary as him seemed an impossible task