𝟰.𝟲 theatrics

RUN, BUNNY, RUN... 𓏴

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗜 𝗠𝗔𝗬 fail but i will never give up ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

 ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳

🖇·˚ ≋♡

- 2020, December

- 2020, December

His grip on her hand bordered on painful, prompting Mercy to wonder if he might actually break her bones with the intensity of his hold. The possibility seemed all too real, and she harbored no doubt about his capability for such brutality. She walked alongside him, head down, concealing her discomfort.

Her plan hinged on a gradual escalation of annoyance, a subtle resistance that would draw attention without appearing too overt. Wanting to avoid being dismissed, she delicately began to tug on his hand, feeling the pressure increase. Despite the mounting pain, she managed to conceal any signs of distress.

'Stop that,' he hissed at her, his annoyance evident.

As people continued to walk past, seemingly oblivious or indifferent, the facade of a normal couple persisted. Mercy quietly moved on to the second phase of her plan. Now, the goal was to create the illusion that he was dragging her along against her will.

With a stronger tug, she adopted the demeanor of a petulant child, resisting the direction he wanted to go. The more she could press his buttons and manipulate his emotions, the closer she would get to the desired breaking point. It was a risky game, but she needed him to lose control, to react in a way that would draw attention and provide her with the opportunity to escape. The urgency of her situation fueled her determination to orchestrate the scene she needed. She needed him to harm her, to scream at her.

'I said, stop it,' he growled, halting abruptly to glare at her.

This time, Mercy met his gaze with defiance. 'No,' she replied, her voice unwavering.

Frustration flared in his nostrils as he forcefully tugged her along.

'Hey!' Mercy shouted, intensifying her resistance by tugging on his arm with increased force. Heads turned in response, curiosity sparking in the eyes of onlookers. Despite the attention, none dared to intervene.

Refusing to release his grip, she raised her voice, desperation creeping in. 'Let me go!' The plea hung in the air, an urgent call for help that echoed in the crowded space.

His hand seized her chin in a vice-like grip, his nails digging into her skin.

'Stop it,' he seethed, his frustration escalating.

Mercy couldn't help but think that this might indeed make headlines.

'Make me,' she whispered, a daring challenge that ignited the simmering anger within him.

In an explosive moment, a sharp pain sliced through her as he delivered a harsh slap. The sting was palpable, and it took only that for the bystanders to react. In an instant, he was forcefully pulled away from her, restrained by someone who had finally stepped in.

As he struggled in the grasp of the intervening person, Mercy stared at him, wiping her lip with the sleeve of her shirt to conceal the evidence of the slap.

'Beomgyu?' she breathed out in disbelief when she recognized the person who had pulled him away.

A hand gently curled around her elbow, coaxing her towards them.

'Who was he, Mina?' Taehyun's voice inquired, and Mercy turned her head to look at him. The sight of both Beomgyu and Taehyun, her emotions in turmoil, threatened to bring her to the brink of tears. The presence of someone familiar, especially Taehyun, offered a glimmer of solace in the midst of the chaotic situation.

Caught up in the shock of their sudden appearance, Mercy remained silent. Taehyun, sensing her distress, promptly took charge and pulled her away.

'Come on, hyung!' he directed at Beomgyu, who released his hold on the man.

'And don't you dare lay another hand on her,' Taehyun threatened, pointing an accusatory finger at the man who had caused Mercy harm.

With an arm wrapped around her shoulders, Taehyun guided her away, leading the way back to their dorm. Once inside the privacy of their dorm, a sob caught in her throat, and she sank into a nearby chair. Mercy brought her trembling hands to her face, attempting to stifle the sobs that wracked her body. The reality of the recent assault, coupled with the unexpected appearance of familiar faces, overwhelmed her.

Taehyun, understanding the gravity of the situation, knelt beside her, a comforting presence. 'You're safe,' he whispered.

Yes, yes indeed. She was safe.

 She was safe