𝟮.𝟮 the boy with doe eyes

RUN, BUNNY, RUN... 𓏴

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁 . . . 𝗜 𝗠𝗔𝗬 fail but i will never give up ❜ ⸝⸝

⊹ . ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳ .

 ◌ ༚ ˳ 🕳️⠀﹒⠀ ꙳

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

- 2017, June

In Mercy's journey as a trainee, Heeseung, the new face, stood out. A charming boy, albeit remarkably shy; his difficulty meeting her gaze bothered her strangely. Was it too much to expect eye contact? Mercy pondered this, unsure if such a desire was unusual. She couldn't recall feeling this way around anyone else. But let's not rush ahead, she reminded herself. After all, he wasn't part of the final lineup, making the likelihood of future encounters slim. Yet, curiosity nagged at her—what plans did PD-nim have for him and the other non-finalists?

Returning to Heeseung, they found themselves paired to collaborate on a dance routine, akin to Taehyun with Huening Kai and Beomgyu with Yeonjun. Mercy grappled with the challenge of names and faces in a sea of trainees, acknowledging the impossibility of memorizing them all. Working in pairs or groups was normal, but seldom did they get the chance to collaborate with others. Since the final lineup revelation, Mercy and her five friends had devoted countless hours to practicing together, forging a dynamic understanding crucial for their growth as a cohesive unit.

'So,' Mercy began, breaking the initial silence in one of the private practice rooms, her gaze fixed on Heeseung. 'You're new.'

'Uh, yeah,' Heeseung replied, a sheepish smile playing on his lips, prompting a mirrored response from Mercy.

As the room succumbed to an awkward silence, Mercy grappled with her own discomfort. Surrounded by boys for years, she questioned her sudden awkwardness. Why am I so awkward? she wondered silently.

Breaking the silence, Heeseung suggested a warm-up, steering the conversation toward a more comfortable zone. The atmosphere warmed, though perhaps a bit too much for Mercy's liking.

While stretching, she felt Heeseung's gaze on her, confirmed by their eye contact in the mirror.

His unexpected initiation of conversation surprised her.

'Have you been a trainee for long?' Heeseung inquired.

'Since I was thirteen,' Mercy replied, their eyes still locked in the mirror.

'How old are you?' he asked.

Smiling, she retorted, 'How old are you?'

They chuckled in sync. 'Sixteen,' he revealed.

'As am I,' Mercy responded, her smile lingering.

Just as Heeseung prepared to continue their conversation, the background music abruptly ceased. 'Oh?' Mercy's head perked up.

'I'll take it,' Heeseung mumbled, heading toward the speakers.

'No, it's fine, I think—' Mercy began, but her words halted as she approached the speakers beside him. 'It's probably just the connection.'

Their hands inadvertently met when reaching for her phone, prompting a sheepish apology from Mercy. His chuckle deepened her embarrassment.

Prick.