Chapter Eighteen

Warning: Some gore towards the end

There was a strange energy lingering in the house. The heartache and sadness seemed to had grown ten times its original size within the last twenty four hours. Hayden was just relieved that this time she hadn't directly caused any of it. She was a lot more thoughtful than she appeared and was good at listening and observing. She knew all the secrets.

Violet was as depressed as ever, even with Tate in the picture. That situation was right out of some lame chick-flick and it was a terrible cliché whichever way it was seen. What's more, Tate didn't have the balls to confront her about what he had obviously heard her confess to Nora.

And, Nora and Chad - Hayden didn't see that coming. She was predicting some melodramatic grovelling and shouting. She did think that perhaps the two would become friends but never lovers. Chad was supposed to be gay and Nora was supposed to have given up men.

Speaking of giving up on men, Ben and Vivien were having problems again. Hayden knew their relationship would eventually crack and crumble away again. What she didn't know was that she wasn't Ben's only adulterer, which felt like she'd been kicked in the teeth. Although her feelings for Ben were long gone, it still hurt.

Pile on the fact that Constance wasn't going to be getting any healthier and that Michael could now move things telekinetically, the house had no room for anymore suprises.

Then she found out who it was.

-

"Another girl?" Violet repeated in shock as she stood parallel to her weeping mother.

Vivien nodded

"Chad told me yesterday" Her mother cried "Hayden wasn't the only one. God, I feel so stupid"

"It's okay" The daughter comforted, rubbing circles on her mother's back.

"It's not" Vivien bawled "It's not okay because we promised each other no more lies"

"I know" Violet soothed

"H-He's despicable" Vivien said, slightly angrier "If he wasn't already dead, I'd kill him with my bare hands"

"I hear madam's cries" Moira announced from the door. Violet's head snapped upwards, instantly put on edge by the arrival of the cloudy-eyed betrayer.

"I'm sorry" Vivien apologized as she dried her eyes a little.

"There, there, Vivien" Moira consoled, sitting next to her dead employer whilst eyeing up the teenager, mirroring her glare "The matter will resolve itself, whatever it is"

"Unlikely" The older blond sniffed

"He doesn't deserve you" The redhead responded softly, earning yet another glare from Violet. It was clear that the youngest didn't trust the maid, especially after recent discoveries.

"Thank you" She smiled back

"I'm going to take a walk, think things over" She finally decided, getting up and leaving her two consolers in the room.

"Stay away from her!" Violet growled as soon as her mother was out of sight.

"Or what?" The maid taunted

"I know who you are!" Violet shouted "I can expose you all!"

"To who?" Moira asked rhetorically "There is nobody to run to, not anymore"

-

The leader stepped out of the shadow in which they were hidden in and towards the two chairs parralel.

"Nora Montgomery" The leader grinned, their voice cleverly masked by the old voice morpher.

The woman was tied to one of the chairs, similar to how Hayden had tied Violet before. She tried to shout but all that came out was a muffle.

"And Chad Warwick"

Next to Nora, her new romantic interest was also tied and rocking side-to-side to tip his chair.

"You now belong and answer to me" They explained, calmy and strangely aggressively "Our objective is simple: To make Tate Langdon pay for all the misery he caused"

Nora tried to scream but was silenced when one of the other members hit her hard around the face. Chad stared in horror as he continued to overbalance his chair.

"And now" They continued, turning to adress their followers "For the big reveal"

They dropped their hood and removed their mask, causing a gasp to erupt from all their followers, except for Hayden.

"Brace yourselves" They smiled evilly "It's all about to kick off"

It was only when one of Charles' old jars smashed against the concrete that the group realised that they weren't alone in the basement. Their eyes darted to the direction in which the sound came from.

In perfect formation, the leader, along with Ben, traced the sound back to the balled figure in a corner, trying their best to go unseen.

"Get them" The leader commanded as Ben rushed forward to yank the spirit to their fert. The dim basement light was enough to make out his wife's face as he grabbed her forearm viciously and pulled them to face the leader.

"I didn't hear anything I swear" Vivien tried to justify as she felt her husband's finger dig further into her flesh. She winced in pain.

"I'm not an idiot" The leader replied

"Follow me" They said to Ben, walking out of the basement room to the entrance to the crawlspace. They undid the lock and pushed Vivien in before them as Ben caught up.

"Where are you taking me?" The leader's latest captive asked worriedly, now to scared to go astray.

"So you can be with your daughter" They hissed, shoving Vivien down to where Violet's body lay.

"Violet?" She whimpered, scooting closer to her daughter's body, only to be kicked away by her husband "Ben, please!"

"Get up" Ben snapped as he slammed Vivien against the wall.

The leader bent down to retrieve a small black bag in the corner and shook the content on the floor. Six butcher's knives, and a rope, clattered to the floor, the knives gleaming in the almost darkness.

"Say your prayers" The leader told Vivien as they stabbed one knife through her left palm, making her stick to the wall. She yelped in pain as Ben quickly pressed his hand over her mouth.

They stuck more in her other hand, both feet and an agonizing one through her skull, all whilst forcing the rope into her mouth.

"Would you like to do the honors?" They asked as the handed Ben the knife

"My pleasure" He replied, stepping closer to his wounded wife.

"Ben..." Vivien pleaded as her husband regardlessly plunged the last knife into his wife's heart, her blood dripping slowly to the floor.

-

I suck for taking this long to update - I had some things going on.