Chapter Five

The Langdon brothers weren't close as such. They didn't see each other everyday or play for hours on end. Tate visited Beau for short periods of time and maybe every few days. Not that Beau minded - He was just thankful that people would go and see him, even if it was just for a few minutes.

They were connected mentally and their relationship built on trust and understanding. Tate told Beau everything because he was unable to speak however Tate had faith that even with speech, Beau wouldn't tell a soul. He didn't judge, or at least Tate didn't think so.

"I miss her, you know" Tate mumbled as he passed the ball back to his deformed brother "Not like you miss something you got rid of, it's like a dull ache at the back of your heart. I'll look at something or get a song stuck in my head and think 'Violet used that...' or 'Violet used to play that song...' and everything floods back" A few tears rolled down his cheeks. He looked up at his brother through watery eyes "I was such an idiot back then, Beau. I threw it away before I even had it. She changed me"

"Wow" A voice interrupted him. He turned around to see the angry mother of his ex-girlfriend "Turns out you are capable of remorse"

"V...Vivien" He stuttered tearily as stood up, a tad intimidated by her presence "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"To what, Tate?" She said, raising her voice "To sexually assault me? To impregnate me? To break my daughter's heart? To attempt to kill my husband? To kill me?"

Her words hit him like a thousand knives

"All of it" He cried "Please, please forgive me. Let me start over, I promise you I'll make up for everything!"

Vivien placed her hand on Tate's cheek. He smiled weakly.

"You can't" She slapped him hard across the face. He looked crestfallen as he looked up at Vivien through his dark brown eyes "I'm sorry, did you think I'd forgive you? Perhaps give you my blessing to be with Violet? Wake up Tate!"

"Please, Vivien" He wept "I was a stupid son of bitch back then! Everything changed when you and your family came - I became a better person. Please I-"

"Save your sob story for someone who'll believe it" Vivien replied bluntly "I came up here for one reason and one reason only - Do you or do you not know where Violet is?"

"N...no, why? Is she missing?" He asked, panicked at the thought of Violet being lost forever.

"Bullshit!" She shouted, throwing a nearby chair in his direction. Fearfully, Beauregard cowered in the shadows. Tate covered his head in defence and slumped to the floor.

"I don't know!" He responded, tears drying on his face "She told me to go away remember!"

"Then where is she?"

"How the hell should I know? I haven't spoken her in ages!"

Vivien, realizing that he was telling the truth, started to calm down. She sat next to him.

"You know, I approved of you two before I found out" She said quietly.

"Really?" He sniffed

"Yes" She nodded "You made her happy, well happier at least - Violet's always been depressed"

"I tried to save her" He bawled, covering his eyes with his palms to stop the tears "She took every single one left in the bottle. I don't know why she did it" There was no stopping it now, streams ran down his face causing Vivien to let a few tears fall "I could've stopped her...or she could've talked to me...but she chose to kill herself" He looked at Vivien, who was wiping away tears "I'm sorry"

She pulled him into a hug, allowing him to cry on her shoulder.

"You loved her" Vivien stroked his blond hair "And she still loves you" she pulled away "Which is why you need each other"

"You said you weren't going to give me your blessing" He whispered as she got up

"You changed and so can I" She replied, climbing out of the darkened room.

-

"Do you get bored?" Violet asked, tilting her head to the side and looking at Hayden with mock innocence.

"Of what?" Hayden breathed angrily, folding her arms.

"You know, wanting to destroy my family" Violet replied, staring the red head down as she watched the rage in her eyes grow rapidly.

"Honey, your family had already gone down the shitter" She had started pacing around the chair Violet was tied to "That's why your dad decided to screw me in the first place. He grew bored of your bitch of a mom"

"Well" Violet laughed "Mom was always taught to give her toys to the less fortunate"

Hayden kicked the chair forward, making Violet's face hit the hard floor before crouching down a few feet away from her.

"I guess she did" She smiled fakily "I guess that's why your here. You are my toy, Violet Harmon. My personal punch bag"

"Close your legs, I can smell the fish from here" Violet snarled. There was a nasty gash on the side of her head now but she didn't care. Hayden was a bitch and her self-esteem needed to be taken down a notch.

Hayden laughed evilly and stood the chair upright again. Violet noticed that she was clenching a sharp shard of broken glass so hard that her own blood was dripping down onto the floor.

"I hope for your sake that you close your goddamn mouth before something really bad happens to you" Hayden said as she cut Violet's cheek with the glass, making blood pour down her face like a waterfall.

"You're a psychopath!" Violet screamed

"But you dated one" Hayden laughed "Although it didn't bother you back then. Were you jealous that he did your mom before he did you?"

"Shut up" Violet mumbled

"Maybe you were just thankful that somebody actually loved you"

"Shut up!" She screamed this time. Hayden clamped her hand over Violet's mouth and brushed the shard along her hostage's other cheek.

"No, you shut up" The auburn psycho whispered "I didn't want to have to do this but you give me no choice"

"What?"

"A writer writes, a surgeon cuts"