Chapter 23 - The Last Chapter

This is the last chapter.

Thank you to everyone for reading, commenting, voting and supporting me. This has been the first story I've completed ever since I started writing for fun at seven years old.

He stood there in shock, looking deep into the eyes of his younger sister, ones he no longer recognised. They were darker, angrier than before. She was the Addie he had known. Not even a little bit of the old her was there.

"Long time, no see" She smiled, somewhat sarcastically. She did not love her brother anymore, making it easier to hate him.

"But you didn't-"

"Make it to the lawn in time?" She finished "News flash: I did and I've always been here, watching your every move"

"Why would you do this to me?" Tate asked, hurt. He couldn't be angry at her. If she hadn't have unveiled herself as the mastermind behind the group trying to ruin his life, he would've been over-the-moon to see her again.

"Because I wanted to stay here" She explained "I wanted to live here, to be able to see mom everyday and be happy. At first, I thought I hadn't made it but when I realised I did, I was terrified of being trapped with you so I hid. I saw what you did to Vivien and how much you hurt Violet and I wasn't sad anymore because I was angrier than I had ever been before"

"Addie, you know I would never hurt you!" He protested. Adelaide placed a finger to her lips and looked over at Ben. Tate knew what they would do if her made another sound.

"You said that to Violet" She fired back quickly "I don't think you want a recap of what happened"

"Addie please" He pleaded "that's your nephew!"

"I know" She raised her eyebrows "He's the child of a ghost and human. He wasn't conceived out of love and that's not right. He killed Violet's mom and broke Violet's heart. His father was a serial killer shot by a SWAT team who then went on to rape his girlfriend's mother - No child deserves that"

"I'm sorry" He whispered, tears falling down his face.

"He's better off dead" She replied, solemnly.

"Addie, stop!" Someone yelled as they climbed into the attic. Vivien. She wasn't alone as she and Violet had freed Chad and Nora from their captivity.

"I thought I crucified you" Adelaide sighed exasperated

"Adelaide, you don't have to be scared" Vivien started "Tate's made a lot of mistakes but he's changed"

"Bullshit" She shot back "Someone like him will never change"

"Then let him prove it to you" Violet spoke up, on the brink of tears "Your brother loves you"

"Is that what he said?" Addie scoffed, taking a step closer to her nephew "Tate can never love anyone"

"Yes, he can" Violet insisted "He loves his son, his loves his family and he loves me!"

"Whatever you say" She rolled her eyes "You were such a good friend to me, Violet, and you deserved so much better than a psychopath"

"Maybe I was never a good enough brother for you" Tate shrugged "But that didn't mean I didn't love you, Addie. You can be happy here with us"

"I will never be happy" She spat

"Yes, you will" Her brother argued "It's never going to be the life you wanted but we can try, can't we?"

He held out his arms cautiously and she nervously stepped into them, hugging her brother.