Chapter 2

Jimin dreamed often of the past. How he and Jungkook used to play games, study together, have dinner together. Jungkook and him were so close together until Jungkook turned 18. He was allowed to rule beside his father, learning about politics and how to rule a kingdom. In the first few weeks that Jimin didn't see Jungkook often, he blamed it on the amount of work Jungkook had to do from his father. But when weeks, later on months passed by, Jimin noticed Jungkook had changed.

''Ughh! Some of the maids are so mean! They have something against male Omega's I think.'' Jimin groaned and let himself fall on Jungkook's bed.

Jimin looked over at Jungkook who was working on his desk filling in some papers. Usually, Jungkook and Jimin would spend the night spilling tea about what happened in the Royal castle. How Jimin had seen that some of the cooks were eating the Royal food as well. Or how Jungkook saw how his father was picking his nose, the King picking his nose! Jimin always loved to listen to Jungkook's stories, he missed them a lot ever since Jungkook started working in the Royal office with his father.

Jimin walked over to Jungkook and started massaging his shoulders, he thought the prince could use a massage after all the hard work today. He could only feel Jungkook tense under his touch.

''Is something wrong Kook? Don't you want a massage?'' Jimin asked.

''No please I have to finish this paperwork you can leave. I- ... I don't think I have time to talk with you tonight. Good night.'' Jungkook said and focused on his paperwork again. Jimin felt a little bit hurt but understood, Jungkook had turned 18 now and has responsibilities. Jimin put it behind him and left Jungkook alone in his room.

Jimin was rolling around in his bed. He hadn't seen Jungkook all evening. Even though Jungkook's behavior had changed towards Jimin, he still wondered if Jungkook ate well, if he was taking his vitamins. Jimin knew he could just ask him about it, but that felt like crossing the line. Jimin's relationship with Jungkook had changed a lot 6 years later. They only had a formal friendship now, nothing like how it was in the past. Jimin closed his eyes and tried to sleep, only for his mind to pull up another memory that had hurt him a lot.

''Jungkook-ah, did you eat? Should I prepare something for you?'' 21 year old Jimin asked.

Jungkook stood on the balcony, staring in front of him, letting the moonlight fall on him. It was silent.

''Kook? Kookie? Are you alright? You know you can talk to me right?'' Jimin said softly, worried about Jungkook's well-being. He was so busy with work lately, ever since he turned 18.

Jungkook turned around and faced Jimin with a stern face.

''You can't call me by my name anymore Jimin-ssi. It's your Highness to you,'' 19 year old Jungkook said unfazed.

Jimin wanted to burst out laughing, thinking Jungkook was joking. They had never called each other with formalities before. Hell Jungkook never even said 'hyung' once to Jimin but that was okay. He accepted it, only from his Jungkookie. But now looking at Jungkook's face that showed no emotion, he straightened himself.

''Jungko- Your Highness, did I do something wrong?'' Jimin asked confused.

''Since I started working in the Royal office, everyone should call me by my title. Since you are not part of the Royal family you have no right to call me by my name. It's 'your Highness' to you. I didn't say anything to you before because- .... '' Jungkook hesitated, almost like he wasn't agreeing with the words he was saying. ''It's 'your Highness' to you from now on. You don't want the elders to see you calling me by my name, it shows disrespect to me and the Royal family. Understood?''