Chapter 6

Jungkook looked at himself in the mirror one last time, noticing his brooch was missing. He walked to his cabinet and saw a golden box with a white ribbon was placed in it. That must be the brooch Namjoon-hyung gave me this morning.

Jungkook took the box and gently put it on his bed, taking it out. In it he was met with an old rose, that was all dried out but still kept it's 'rose' texture, it still looked beautiful. A memory flashed through Jungkook's mind.

''Kookie look at all these flowers! They're so pretty,'' Jimin said happily plucking one of them. ''Here for you,''

Jungkook stared at his hyung who was glowing so brightly, the sunlight hugging his beautiful tan skin, he looked ethereal. Sometimes he wondered if he was his guardian angel, the one who was destined to always be by his side. Jungkook always felt so save with him around, he felt he could take the world with his hyung by his side. He knew that Jimin came from a poor family, that he was just a farmer's son, but that didn't matter to Jungkook. Maybe it was because he was still young and playful, he couldn't really see the difference between him and Jimin, while the difference was actually so big. But at that moment, at that very special moment, when the sun was shining so brightly for them, he stared how his Jimin-hyung had plucked a beautiful white flower from the bush, one of the biggest ones, and placed it behind his ear. It was such a small and simple gesture, but it made him melt in Jimin's touch. Jungkook wanted to pluck all the roses from the bush to give them all to his hyung, he deserved so much more.

Jungkook snapped out of the memory when he heard the door clicking open, he hoped to see his face peeping through the door, but was only met by his mother who was smiling broadly to him.

''Oh Jungkook you look splendid, everyone is gonna love you! I'm so proud of you my beautiful son,'' the Queen said and gave Jungkook a kiss on his forehead. She saw the brooch on the bed and helped Jungkook put it on.

''Well isn't this some extra-ordinary brooch? Where did you get it from? I love your choice!'' The Queen said happily.

''Jimin-hyung gave it to me,'' Jungkook whispered.

''What was that?'' The Queen asked and froze in her spot.

''Mom where is Jimin?'' Jungkook said with pain in his voice.

''Jimin? The servant? Haven't seen him around much lately, I heard from some workers that he fled..'' The Queen said. But Jungkook could hear how she changed the tone in her voice. She was lying. Just like his hyungs.

Jungkook was on the edge of bursting out in anger, everyone had been acting so shallow about Jimin's disappearance, like it meant nothing, as if he wasn't part of the Royal Family all these past years. Did no one care where he was? Jungkook was about to interrogate his mother more about his hyung until his father came in his room, also looking at Jungkook full with proud and happiness.

While his parents peppered him with compliments about his looks and what he was gonna do for the kingdom its future, Jungkook was contemplating his life decisions. He was doing right by marrying the princess right? He didn't understand why his mind kept going back to Jimin. ''This is for the kingdom. I have to do this.''

''It's time my son, walk with us, everyone is waiting outside,'' the King said and let Jungkook and the Queen outside the castle into the garden where the wedding was taking place. While taking a seat in the wedding tent, next to Yeji who looked beautiful as ever, Jungkook had to admit, his eyes still searched for his hyungs and him. Jimin. Who was nowhere to be found.

He finally found his hyungs sitting not so far away from him, they were only 4 seats away but what he didn't understand is why Seokjin was crying and Namjoon and Hobi not looking happy either. Wasn't this supposed to be one of the best days of his life? He was so busy all day with the preparations that he didn't have a chance to talk to any of his hyungs, Jungkook just wanted to stand up and ask them if they were okay. Jungkook knew he had to do this, he had to marry Princess Yeji, but none of this felt right, he realized. Though his hyungs and parents were here, the most important person In his life wasn't here. His best friend wasn't here. Jungkook remembered how happy Jimin was seeing his Engagement suit, there is no way that Jimin would miss Jungkook's wedding, something was not right.