Chapter 2: Hermione's First Practice

There is no way it takes 45 minutes to put on training gear.

I take back the comment I made about the weather, it's hot. Despite being in the shade, I feel my back growing that sticky, sweaty feeling.

Malfoy was the first to emerge from the locker room. I rushed over to him, the heat pissing me off "Malfoy, what's taking everyone so damn long?"

He stopped looking at my sweaty, disheveled appearance, then smirked "We had our team meeting, we do that before every practice"

I rolled my eyes, "Shouldn't I be involved in that?" I pointed to myself "I am the team manager and all"

Malfoy had started stretching, moving his arms in circles, pulling them above his head. I hate to admit it, but he is a bit fit. I was brought back from watching him stretch by him asking "Well, you know nothing about quidditch, so it doesn't change anything"

I put my hands on my hips, looking down at him as he reaches his hands to his feet "I beg to differ-"

"-Differ?"

"-but after having spent years at quidditch matches, I've actually picked up a lot about the sport." I stated, yet he still looked at me like he didn't believe me.

I was about to go on but the others started appearing and started their stretching routines. Flint only did a few stretches before walking over to me, "Oi Granger, while we practice I'd like for you to clean up the locker room a bit, I honestly can't tell you the last time it was cleaned"

I started laughing, assuming he was joking. "Funny, but I know you slytherin's live in luxury."

Nott, who was standing closest to me, looked around at the others before saying "He's not joking, we might get the nicer things compared to other houses, but that locker room has never been touched"

My smile fell, "Well, sorry I can't clean it, I have to stay out here to make sure no one gets hurt, it will also help me to watch you all play for when I do your stats and ranks" I tried saying as Flint was moving towards me, growing visibly annoyed with presence.

"We'll get you if we need you" He said, pushing me towards the locker room, "But thank you for the concern of our health, Granger" he said, faking his sincereity.

"Flint," Malfoy said, rolling his eyes "Must you physically touch her, she knows where the locker rooms are"

Flint let me go, but was still facing me as he addressed Malfoy "You get to boss me around when you're captain" then turned to look at the team, then Malfoy "Which you aren't, and won't be while I'm around"

Malfoy flared his nostrils but didn't say anything as he shot up in the air, starting his laps. Nott was shaking his head as he hopped on his broom, Crabbe and Goyle eyed each other before grabbing their beaters and getting on their brooms. Pucey and Zabini stared at Flint, who had yet moved from his spot in front of me. Pucey spoke first before flying away "That was a low blow, Flint".

Zabini just stared a few more beats, challenging Flint with his eyes, "Watch yourself"

Flint was about to retort, even taking a step closer to Zabini, but Zabini had already flown away, so he turned to me and with one last huff he said "Enjoy the locker room, love" and marched away to the center of the pitch then bolted on his broom towards the sky.

***

I'm proud of all the work I got done with the room. It really was awful in the beginning though. The smell, oh the smell. How did they stand it everyday? It made me feel like I was going to pass out.