Chapter 14: Press

a/n: this chapter is a bit shorter than usual because I had to split it with the next one, so just think of it as a surprise chapter.

I'm aware the other wizarding schools mentioned don't exist, but for the plot and story, I made them.

I think there will be 1 or 2 chapters left, then maybe an epilogue, so hold on tight, the end is near! I'm aiming for 16 chapters in total but it may be 17 lol

Dumbledore nor McGonagall have said anything about me eating meals with the Slytherins.

If my life hadn't already revolved around the Slytherins, it does now.

Practices were every day, even on weekends. European Nationals were close and coming up. Wizarding World schools all over Europe have been competing in their own preliminaries, just like Hogwarts, and are finally suiting up to prepare for the National Cup.

When Gryffindor had won the House Cup, along with other houses, they chose not to participate in the National Cup. Oliver Wood had said it was an unnecessary competition and the glory of the House Cup was enough. Everyone would always go along with him, agreeing that Hogwarts didn't have a place there.

But, Slytherins think otherwise.

The European National Cup had always been their goal from the beginning of this year. No Hogwarts team has been to the National Cup before, this is their moment to shine.

The National Cup is an intense week for any quidditch player participating. It's match after match till the final two. The cup is not for the unprepared.

Our press conference from our win of the House Cup is today, and that's where we'll announce our presence at the National Cup.

The Great Hall had been cleared out and benches had been lined up on the lower level for journalists and photographers to sit. On the upper level, the teachers' table had stayed put, and that's where the players will sit.

Right now we are sitting in the antechamber filled with paintings behind the door that leads to the teachers' table. I hadn't needed to ask them to dress well, they already wore casual suits with their uniform robes.

Draco seemed to have enjoyed my comment about him looking particularly fit in his dark grey button-down shirt by the intense snogging he started after.

Looking over from my spot near the door, I could tell Theo was nervous, twiddling his thumbs as he whispered affirmations to himself. No one had prepared for the press to make such a big deal of their win, but when they were the ones to break a record, all media sources wanted to get a hold on them. When I sent out invitations to different newspapers and radios, I might've also hinted at their upcoming announcement to participate in the European National Cup.

The boys deserve all the love and attention.

My thoughts were interrupted when Professor Snape opened the door, peeking his head in before drawling "5 minutes"

I smiled a "Thank you" before turning to the guys. "Remember, best behavior and smart answers. We might not need the money thanks to you rich snobs, but sponsors and support is always good to have"

Draco walked over wrapping an arm around my waist, "We'll be fine, it's only 10 minutes"

"10 minutes of hell" Theo sighed under his breath.

I couldn't help but laugh and pat his back comfortingly "You'll do great, Theo"

Theo shook his head "Easy for you to say, you're not going to be up there"

Tilting my head, I exhaled "It's for the better I'm not"

"That's such bullshite," Blaise said, leaning against one of the walls.