The Self-Destruct Button

I woke up early in the morning to make coffee due to the loud noise being made in Meredith's room last night. Izzie is helping me when George enters the kitchen. "Did you guys get any sleep?" he asks us.

"Oh, she could oil the bedsprings as a courtesy or atleast buy a padded headboard," Izzie suggests while yawning. Our room is right next to Meredith's so we heard everything. Neither of us got much sleep.

"So who's the guy?" George asks while raising his eyebrows. He clearly doesn't want Meredith with anyone else and he seems kind of bothered.

"You think it was just one guy doing all that work?" I ask, smirking knowing it's getting under George's skin.

"Yeah, do you mind if I don't think about that?" George asks, clearly angry.

"Oh, jealous?" I ask.

"I'm not jealous," George denies while rolling his eyes.

"Well, I am. But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work," Izzie chimes in. We hear a creak and we all see Derek trying to sneak out of the house.

"Ah, really must be good with the head," I mutter. George looks over at me pissed while Izzie laughs.

"Yeah, I mean now we at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill," Izzie barely gets out while laughing. I laugh too while George just glares at the both of us.

"No they can't be... he's her boss," George tries to deny.

"We're late. He's our boss too. You know she's been scrubbing in for his surgeries a lot lately," Izzie says, proving a point.

"No, Meredith wouldn't sleep with him just to... no. Plus, he did let Rachel on his case the other day. Why is nobody accusing her of sleeping with him for a surgery?" George asks.

"Excuse me? First of all, I almost got kicked off of the case, remember? Two, are you seriously suggesting that I'm sleeping around the hospital to get into surgeries? You're just jealous George, admit it," I yell while grabbing my cup of coffee while walking to the car. I was just going to wait for Meredith so we can leave when she's ready.

"Right because that's why you slept with me and Alex?" George asks. I hear Izzie gasp in shock. I walk back into the kitchen. How did he even know about me and Alex?

"Don't even blow this out of proportion. Alex was a two time thing, and he asked me out the other day in the gallery and I said no to him. And you and I were both very drunk. Don't turn this into something it's not," I say while throwing my coffee on him. Izzie rushes him into the bathroom to clean him up while I walk back outside to Meredith's car. I sit shotgun so I won't have to deal with questions from Izzie and George on the way there. The whole car ride to the hospital is silent and when we finally arrive, we park next to Cristina, who came on her motorcycle.

"Yikes, wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley," Meredith says to her.

"Right back at you with all the looks from your passengers," Cristina says while glaring at the three of us who all look miserable. Alex jogs over to us, out of breath.

"A run? You run?" I ask him, trying to get on George's nerves for just talking to him.

"Every day, babe, every day," he says. I smile and walk into the hospital with him. We walk to the locker room. "What do you want that you're talking to me?" he asks.

"Well, don't be mad but George got mad at me for sleeping with you that time so I'm just trying to piss him off by talking to you," I tell him honestly.

"Pfft, whatever you have to do. That kids a wimp," he says while putting his arm around my shoulder and we walk into the locker room together. He stays like that until George walks in. I smile at Alex and he winks back at me. He lets go and I walk over to my locker.