Kung Fu Fighting

There's this thing about being a surgeon. Maybe it's pride or maybe it's about being tough, but a true surgeon never admits that they need help unless absolutely necessary. Surgeons don't ask for help because they're tougher than that. Surgeons are cowboys rough around teh edges, hardcore. Least, that's what they want you to think.

After Cristina and I both went through our failed marriages around the same time, we decided it was best to move in together. We decided to stay in her old apartment she shared with Burke for the time being. When we get to work together, there are already two ambulances and multiple traumas that came with them.

"Okay, what the hell's all this?" I ask, walking over to the patients. Its two women holding on to a wedding dress, screaming at eachother, trying to slap and pull the others hair.

"What do you got?" Alex asks before the ambulance driver could answer me.

"A clown car is what it truly is. Jackie Escott, 25 years old, dislocated shoulder, lac to her thigh, vital signs are stable. And Helena Boyd, 26 years old, also stable with an obvious nasal fracture, facial lacs, and a chunk of missing scalp," the driver reports to us.

"She ripped out my hair!" Helena yells.

"She ripped out my shoulder!" Jackie yells.

"You ripped out your own shoulder when you were trying to push me off the platform!" Helena yells, leaning over, trying to slap Jackie.

"Who let go of the dress first? Did anybody let go of the dress yet?" one of their fiances asks.

"Hang in there honey, you got this. Don't let her psych you out, alright?" the other fiance says.

"Okay seriously, what the hell is going on here?" Cristina asks, looking very annoyed.

"It's a store contest," a man says, stepping out in front of us. "I'm the judge. Last one to get the dress..."

"Wins the wedding of my dreams," Helena interrupts.

"Of my dreams," Jackie argues.

"All right, enough girls. You two are severely injured, okay? You need to get your priorities straight and let go of the wedding dress so we can treat you. All right, let go now. Now!" I yell at them.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen Doctor," Helena says.

I huff at the two girls. "All right. Fine. Let's move them," I say, motioning for someone to help me take the gurney inside the hospital.

I take the two girls into the ER with Alex, trying to figure out which one of them is bleeding. "Okay, you do see that you're bleeding all over the dress though, right?" I ask.

"It's not about the dress," Jackie huffs.

"I can't, uh, there's too much blood down here. Which one of your legs is bleeding?" Alex asks.

"I don't know. I can't really feel anything anymore," Helena says.

"I hear you have a broken nose down here. What's with the dress?" Mark asks, walking over to us with George next to him.

"It's not about the dress," Jackie says.

"Can't they just split the prize?" I suggest.

"I offered. I offered that 14 hours ago," the judge tells us.

"It is a $100,000 wedding package, and I am not splitting it with anyone," Jackie announces to us.

"Oh, you're bleeding on the dress," George points out.