Make Me Lose Control

I wake up early in the morning so I can drive to work and get my coffee alone in my own car. It felt nice to get ready on my own and not having to worry about everyone else in the house for once. By the time I stop for coffee, everyone else is in the locker room too. Instead of sitting next to Meredith, like usual, I sat next to Alex. We were laughing about a joke Alex made and I could feel everyone else staring at us in confusion and disbelief.

"What is she doing with him?" I hear Cristina ask.

"She's hanging out with Alex. I think... I think they might even be friends," George mumbles.

I walk in the hallway with them after saying goodbye to Alex. "You guys are all really wrong about him, all right? Once you get to know him, he's a really sweet and nice  guy. He was always there for me when some of you weren't. Even though I shouldn't have to explain myself here," I tell them.

"He's Alex," George argues.

"Really? You want to argue about bad friends right now?" I ask him. He scrunches his nose while Cristina and Meredith look at eachother and laugh. I know they're going to ask me about that comment later, but I don't plan on telling them anything about it. Izzie just rubs George's shoulder.

"Hey Grey. Rachel and Izzie were telling me you have tapes of your mom performing surgeries. I'd kill to see the Ellis Grey in action on a big screen," Alex yells to us. Ever since that night I sat with him outside of the hospital, we've been close friends ever since. He really has been an amazing friend to me since then.

"Hey you know what Alex? Maybe you can come over the house tonight and we can all watch it together? Right?" I ask while yelling back to him.

"Oh yeah, if this were a hell dimension of some sort," Meredith whispers to Cristina so Alex won't hear her. I just give Alex a thumbs up and turn around and continue walking with them. Cristina, George, and Meredith look at me in shock. Izzie, not so much, since her and Alex have gotten pretty close too. As I'm walking, George dead stops right in front of me.

"Do you have a thing for Alex?" George asks me.

"No," I tell him. I really don't have a thing for anyone. I moved on from George pretty quickly, but not to anybody else. I'm still mad at him however.

"Don't look at me now. Neither do I," Izzie confesses. George steps out of the way to let me walk again. Bailey, Alex, Cristina, and I meet in Mrs. Roche's room.

"Kelly Roche. She's 23 years old. In for a scheduled ETS treatment of her erythrophobia hyperpyrexia," Alex reads off of his chart.

"Erythrophobia?" I whisper to Cristina, not knowing what that means.

"Blushing," she responds. Oh, that's why her cheeks are so red. I just thought it was because of how hot this hospital is.

"You have any questions about the procedure?" Bailey asks Mrs. Roche.

"Oh. Dr. Sh... Dr. Shepherd explained everything. He was very... huh... helpful. He gave me some literat... sorry," Mrs. Roche says while blushing like crazy.

"Don't be sorry. Half the patients that come through here have the hots for Shepherd," Alex tells her. I widen my eyes at him.

"Dr. Karev," Bailey says in a disapproving voice.

"What? It's true, Meredith knows it!" Alex says. He is correct, a lot of the patients do seem to find Derek really attractive whenever they come here. I never really saw it in him, but he's not ugly or anything like that in the slightest.

I go outside in the hall and walk back and forth with my arms crossed, waiting for Alex. I see George and Meredith at a vending machine in the distance. Alex finally walks out. "Hey, why do you do that?" I ask Alex.