I am a Tree

At any moment, the brain has 14 billion neurons firing at a speed of 450 miles per hour. We don't have control over most of them. When we get a chill, goosebumps. When we get excited, adrenaline. The body naturally follows its impulses, which I think is part of what makes it so hard to control ours. Of course, sometimes we have impulses that we would rather not control. That we later wish we had.

As Bailey's interns are making our daily rounds, we stop in Ms. Seabury's room. She's sitting up on her bed, eating a huge cake. "Ms. Seabury what... What are... no I'm sorry, you cannot be eating right now," Bailey tells her. "What even is that?" Bailey asks her.

"This is a chocolate raspberry soufflé cake and it's probably the best thing I've ever tasted in my whole life. Except for maybe the banana cream torte there, it's pretty stunning really. Bakeries deliver, did you know that? Please grab a fork," Ms. Seabury says to us.

"Ms. Seabury, you're scheduled for a surgery this afternoon," Richard tells her.

"How about we push the surgery a little bit? Tomorrow maybe? Oh my god, you've really got to taste this!" she says, licking her lips.

"Ma'am, you have an extremely aggressive form of lung cancer. The sooner we get you into surgery, the better your chances are of surviving. So I've heard. It's all very aggressive. I mean it's very..." Bailey says. She gets interrupted by Ms. Seabury giggling.

"I have never smoked a cigarette in my entire life. I've never smoked pot before. I've never drank alcohol, ever. Before today, I hadn't even had dessert in ten years. I am the picture of health. And now... I have lung cancer. Come on, it's totally absurd right? Oh... I'm sorry. I think I'm on a sugar high," Ms. Seabury says, still giggling.

Bailey takes us outside so we don't have this conversation in front of her. "Okay, O'Malley and Lopez, reschedule her surgery for tomorrow. And get her a psych consult. And more food deliveries," Richard instructs the two of us.

"Yes Sir," George nods.

"Okay..." I say. Richard walks away from us.

"So... um Dr. Bailey?" George asks her.

"Surgeons don't say um Dr. O'Malley. If you want to be a surgeon, you need to learn how to speak and act like one," she tells him.

"Look, he just wants you to talk to the Chief about Izzie..." Alex chimes in.

"She's just baking everything... a lot of baking, and it seems like a waste for all of her talent and medical skills to go into baking muffins. We just thought you might be willing to help us and her out..." George says.

"Stop talking to me," Bailey says to George.

"Okay," he mumbles. Both of us walk away from her. Bailey is supposed to be talking to us later so we wait for her to show up.

"I'm proud of you all. You all make me really proud. You reflect on me well," she says sarcastically as she walks over to us, waiting for her. "O'Malley and Lopez, watch Seabury for the day. Grey, if you think you can keep your clothes on for long enough to follow up the labs, I would really appreciate it. Karev, cover in pit," Bailey orders.

"The pit? Wait, I'm finally off Gynie squad?" Alex asks Bailey. I give him a high five.

"Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd is out sick today. You can cover the pit where you can... you can tell me who's damn panties are on the bulletin board?" Bailey asks, looking at each of us.

Everyone giggles and I can hear Cristina ask if those are Meredith's. I know that they are, she told us she lost hers the night of the prom. What are the odds they aren't hers?