Chapter 8

Bokuto's POV

I walk where y/n having a part-time job. I hope y/n don't have red days today. 

I walk inside and saw y/n putting supplies on the shelves.

"Hey, y/n!" I greeted with a smile on my face.

"Oh, hey! Bokuto!" y/n greeted back at me with a smile.

Somethings weird about her. y/n's skin doesn't like that color.

"Hey. Are you ok? Why are you pale?" I ask and look at y/n carefully.

"I'm ok. Maybe because of the rain last time." y/n said with a husky voice.

I should bring her to the hospital. y/n doesn't look healthy.

I touch her forehead with my hand and it's burning. I noticed that there's a lot of red spots on her skin.

"Hey! Your forehead is burning! And, what are those red spots?" I look at the red spots on her arm. 

y/n is burning hot, I need to take her to the hospital. 

"It will be gone soon. Don't worry about it." y/n said with a smile. 

"I'll cover your ship. Go home and rest!" I said and pull her up.

"Is that ok with you?" y/n ask. 

Your health matters on me y/n!

"Of course. please, you need to rest." I said and put her on the chair. 

y/n coughs on her hands and there's blood on it.

My eyes were wide open. I started to panic.

"Y/N!! Let's go to the hospital!!" I panic. 

I'm about to carry y/n but she removes my hands.

"No need." y/n said and coughs again. 

y/n is so stubborn. 

"No! We will go to the hospital!" I said and carry y/n without hesitation. 

After 30 minutes we are finally at the hospital.

"y/n has leukemia. she never returned to us to continue her chemotherapy." Doctor said. 

I froze for the sudden news I received. I didn't know. My palms are sweating so bad. 

"Why?" that's the only word that came out of my mouth.

"She inherited it due to gene mutation." the doctor answered my question.

I look at the doctor full of desperation and sadness.

"It is curable right?" I smile while my tears starting to flow down.

It is curable! I know it is. Give me the magic word, doctor.

"Yes. As long she continues her chemotherapy." the doctor taps my shoulder.

"Please take care of her. y/n is a family friend." the doctor said and leave me in the hallway.

"I always will." I whisper and look at y/n's room.

y/n is now sleeping peacefully.  I didn't know she suffers like this. y/n always wear the lovely smile on us and her smile keeps my heart warm. 

I came inside of y/n's room and look at her lying on the hospital bed with pale skin and how fragile y/n is. 

I sit beside her and grab her hands gently. 

"As long as I'm here, I will take care of you. Please be strong with me." I said and put her hands on my face to feel her warm touch.