Till It Happens Again

Devon: You did great tonight.

Tiana and Devon had just made it back from the Empire movie launch party. Tiana was kinda zoned out from what Hakeem had said to her backstage. She tried to put on a happy face when she left from backstage, but the entire time Hakeem's words were echoing in her mind.

Tiana: Thanks. (Shutting the door)

Devon: You good?

Tiana: Ummm yeah.

Devon: Look I'm still sorry from what I said about you and Hakeem. I should trust you and I do. I just know how close you and Hakeem were. Again I'm sorry.

Tiana: It's okay.

Devon: I wasn't feeling how close and touchy he was with you on stage tonight.

Tiana: Just apart of the song.

Devon: Yeah but he didn't have to be close like that. (Tiana looks at him) My bad. Sorry I'm just letting my insecurities get in the way.

Tiana: Well don't. Look what me and Hakeem had is in the past. We're being the best parents that we can possibly be to our kids. There's nothing for you to worry about.

Devon: I care about you a lot Tiana.

Tiana: (smiles) I know.

Devon: (wraps his arms around her waist) How about I stay over tonight?

Tiana: No, not tonight. I'm really tired and just want to enjoy some me time. I have to get Bella and Prince tomorrow from Ms. Juanita. So I'm just chill by myself.

Devon: Okay. I'll call you tomorrow then.

Tiana nods her head. Devon pecked her cheek and left. Tiana let a deep sigh and went upstairs and took a long hot shower. She moisturizer her body and put on her lacy undergarments and robe. Tiana sat there on her bed thinking about what Hakeem said. She watched her phone waiting to see if he would text or call. Every five minutes she would go to his contact and just stare wondering if she should call.

An Hour Later............................

Tiana stared outside her bedroom window holding a glass of wine. She kept watching her phone, but not one call or text had came from Hakeem. She picked up her phone herself and called. If he wasn't going to call, then she was going to swallow her pride and call. No answer.

Tiana: I figured you wouldn't pick up. Look Hakeem I'm sorry. But we do need to talk. Just Umm call me back. (Hangs up)

She threw her phone on the bed and stared at the window some more. After a minute, Tiana went to her closet, change out of her robe into her trench coat, and slipped on a pair of red bottoms. She grabbed her phone, keys, purse, and walked downstairs out the door.

Hotel.........................

Tiana knew what hotel that Hakeem had booked for them for the night. She figured that he would be here. She sat in her car contemplating rather or not should she go in. Tiana grabbed her phone and keys and exited the car. Tiana walked into the lobby and went straight to the front desk.

Tiana: Hi. Umm can you tell me what room Hakeem Lyon is in?

Receptionist: Yes ma'am. He's on the eighth floor in room 814.

Tiana: Thank you.

Receptionist: Should I ring him for you?

Tiana: No. Thank you. (Walks away)