Home Is Own The Way

So this one shot will be would be based off the finale. What happened after Hakeem's performance and the premiere of the movie? Did he finally realize who he's meant to be with? Let's find out.

The Empire movie was a great success. Hakeem played Luscious so well. During his performance, Tiana reflected on their relationship. At this moment she didn't know what would happen for them next. Would they get back together? Or just stay co-parenting their children?

Bella: TaTa can we please go backstage so we can see daddy? Please?

Tiana: How about we wait out here? I'm sure he will be out in the minute.

Bella: No I want to go right now. (Bouncy up and down) Pleassssee? (Gives puppy eyes) Pretty please?

Tiana: (giggles) Okay. I just can't tell you no.

Bella: And you can't. (Smiling) Let's go...let's go.

Tiana: (smiles) Okay....okay......lead the way little missy.

Bella walked towards the back with Tiana following in behind her. When they made it backstage to Hakeem's dressing room, his door was cracked opened. Tiana pecked inside and saw Hakeem and Maya talking. She let out a deep sigh and stopped an eager Bella from entering.

Bella: Aren't we going in?

Tiana: How about we wait? Daddy seems to have company.

Bella: (sad) Okay.

Tiana: Hey don't look like that. I promise you'll get to see your daddy soon. Just right now he looks busy.

Hakeem's dressing room.............

Hakeem felt accomplished about the movie and song. He  felt like he made my parents proud and represented Empire to the fullest. While performing, He thought about a lot of stuff. He thought about his family, relationships and where he want to go from here. After the movie, he went to his dressing room in order to relax for a minute.He had to prepare to see his baby girl. Hakeem knew she was super excited to see him. After the premiere, he would go see prince since Tiana decided to leave him home with the nanny. Hakeem really missed his kids. He's been so busy lately that he's barely have time to see them. Since everything was slowing down, he was going to make a lot of time for them.

Maya: (walking in) You did great.

Hakeem: Thanks. (Breaking out of his thoughts)

Maya leaned down to peck Hakeem on the lips but he dodged the kiss. Maya looked at Hakeem and sat down beside him.

Maya: What's wrong?

Hakeem: Nothing. I'm just tired.

Maya: Okay. You're acting weird.

Hakeem: No I'm not.

Maya: Yes you are.

Hakeem: (rubs face) Look, Maya I appreciate everything that you've done for me.

Maya: But........

Hakeem: Why you saying but?

Maya: Because I know it's a but in there somewhere. Are you going to tell me that you still want to annulment? I thought we were building a connection?

Hakeem: I don't want to play with your feelings Maya. I don't even think I want to be married. Especially not now. Look how we got here was a careless mistake. Then we connected because we both had incarcerated moms.