Till It Happens Again Pt. 2

A Few Days Later..........

Tiana sat around contemplating Hakeem's word. She knew he was right and it wasn't fair to him. It wasn't fair to Devon or Hakeem. Here she go pulling heart strings and she isn't even clear on what her feelings were. Honestly she didn't know what she wanted to do.

Becky: Earth to Tiana. (Snapping fingers)

Tiana: Huh?

Porsha: Girl we've been calling your name the last twenty minutes. What's going on with you?

Tiana: Nothing. (Clearing throat) What were you saying Becky?

Becky: We were talking about your new song you wrote. Are you ready to lay down the tracks for it? I think with all the buzz you're getting from Priceless, it's the right time to get your song out there.

Tiana: Yeah it's ready to lay down the tracks for.

Porsha: Then let's get in the studio.

They went into the studio and got to work on Tiana's song. It was like three hours later and there still wasn't any progress from the song.

Tiana: (takes off headphones) (walk out the booth) Okay I've been at this for the past three hours. And we have done over fifty takes. What's wrong with the song?

Becky: Nothing is wrong with it T. Just missing some elements.

Tiana: I think it's fine.

Porsha: You off your game today T.

Tiana: No I'm not.

Porsha: Then what is this? (Plays the song back)

Tiana listened to the playback horrified. This wasn't Tiana Brown material.

Tiana: This Sucks Ass! My song can't be sucking ass!

Becky: We know! Look let's take break for today and try this again tomorrow. I want this song done and completed by the end of the week. You and Hakeem's song 'Priceless' is still trending. We need to release this single while that song is still trending.

Tiana: I know.

Becky: Act like!

Porsha: Becky chill.

Becky: (sighs) I'm sorry T. It's just a lot going on right now. I'm trying to keep Bossy on top. You're our top artist and we can't afford to have you off your game.

Tiana: And I can't afford to be off my game. I got two kids. It's just a lot going on.

Porsha: We got it. It's a lot going on for all of us. I say let's go get some drinks and relax. Then tomorrow we'll redo all of this.

Becky: I could use a drink.

Tiana: Nah. Y'all go head. I'm stay here and try to figure this out.

Porsha: Okay girl. Don't stay here too long.

Becky: Bye Tiana.

Tiana waved bye to Becky and Porsha as they headed out. A frustrated breath left her lips as she listened to the track again. All of the elements were off and she sounded like ass. The song wasn't doing it for her.

Hakeem: Damn that's how we're doing now?

Tiana: (looks up) What are you doing here? (Pause track)

Hakeem: I was just hollering at Cookie. I was on my way out. (Takes seat next to her) New song?

Tiana: Suppose to be, but this clearly sucks ass. I can't release this! My fans will kill me!