The Parent Trap

Tiana: Bella and Prince let's go. Y'all don't want to be late for your flight.

Prince: Mom can you help me get this into my bag? (Walking into her room)

Tiana: Sure baby. Did you get everything that you would need for the weekend?

Prince: Yes.

Tiana: Bella! Come on baby girl.

Bella: I'm right here.

Tiana: Do you have everything?

Bella: Yeah.

Tiana: Are you sure? This isn't a I can bring it to you if you left it kinda thing.

Bella: Mom I'm sure. We've been doing this for two and a half years now. I think we know how this works.

Tiana: (sighs) I know that this every other weekend in another state is getting old, but (gcto)

Bella & Prince: We know, we know. It gets better.

Bella: I just don't understand why dad had to move right after y'all decided on a divorce. He could have stayed closer.

Tiana: Well that's your dad's choice.

Prince: You think Natasha will there this weekend? The last time we visited, she was away in Italy for some fashion week.

Tiana: (under her breath) Who cares.

Prince: You say something mom?

Tiana: I said maybe. Maybe.

Tiana and Hakeem ended up getting married elven years ago. Things were great for the most part then everything took a sour turn. A turn that was hard to turn back.

Bella: We completely understand that you're still hurt over everything.

Tiana: Baby I'm fine. (They give her a look) Honestly I am. I'm happy. Look let's go so y'all don't miss y'all flight.

Prince: So what are you going to do while we are gone?

Tiana: (grabs purse) I don't know. Probably go out with Aunt Becky and Aunt Porsha. I do need to find a dress for Uncle Mal and Uncle Kai's vow renewal next weekend.

Bella: Come with us to LA. You can shop there and hang out with us and dad.

Tiana: Now Bella you know I'm not going to do that.

Bella: It's been two years! When will you two be ready to see each other? We spend the holidays separately and not as a family. We're not even a family.

Tiana: We are a family baby. One big, dysfunctional, divorced family.

Bella: (roll eyes) Whatever.

Tiana: Come on. (Walking out)

Prince: Why would you suggest that dumb idea? You already know mom doesn't want to be in the same room as dad. Especially next weekend with dad coming for the vow renewal.