A Moment

This is just a theory of what emotions Tiana felt when she lost Princess. Enjoy

After coming home from the last two days at the hospital, Tiana and Hakeem felt helpless. They were leaving with just one baby instead of two. The whole way home was quite and even after being in the house for a couple of hours was quite. Tiana had placed Prince in the nursery and just sat there and stared at empty crib next him. Was this reality? Was her and Hakeem being punished? She couldn't wrap her head around this.

Hakeem: (walks in) Hey. You good?

Tiana: (still staring) Hey.

Hakeem: I just put Bella down for her nap. Maybe you should rest.

Tiana: I'm fine.

Hakeem: Tiana.....(sighs) babe the doctor said that you should rest and relax.

Tiana: I said I'm fine.

Hakeem: (takes a deep breath) Tiana I love you. (Tear fall) I'm hurting too T. I don't know what to say or do to take away your pain. But I'm right here and I just want you to look at me. You've barely looked at me since we've lost her. (No response) I'll give you your time alone. (Walks away)

Tiana still stared at the crib with tears following down her face. It's like she had became numb to crying and couldn't feel the tear drops hitting her cheeks. She just wanted to lock herself away from the world and never come back. This was a type of pain that would never go away. It would take sometime for it to become easier to bare.

Hakeem: (on the phone) Can you come over? I don't know what else to do...........please.......I need your help.

30 Minutes Later...............

Tiana had gotten comfortable in the nursery. She knew it wasn't healthy but she had to get use to only one baby being in the nursery. She watched Prince sleep but mainly kept watching Princess's crib. In her mind, she imagined what her daughter would be doing now. Who's personality would she have. She imagined everything that any mother would for their child.

Cookie: (knocks on the door) Can I come in? (Walking in)

Tiana: You're already in.

Cookie: (looks over Prince) Aww he's sleeping peacefully. (Smiles and turns to Tiana) How are you doing?

Tiana: I'm fine.

Cookie: No you're not. (Sitting next to her)

Tiana: I am. Why does everyone think I'm not fine? I'm fine. My daughter isn't here but I'm fine. (Shrugs her shoulders)

Cookie: Because we all know that you're not. It's okay Tiana.

Tiana: It's Not Okay! I Cant Fall Apart Because I Don't Have Time To Fall Apart! I Have Two Kids Who Needs Me! So I Don't Have Time To Fall Apart.

Cookie: Tiana (gtco)

Tiana: Am I a bad person?

Cookie: No. You're not a bad person.

Tiana: (chuckles) It feels like it. Because God doesn't let stuff like this happen to good people, right? You know he wouldn't take away your baby from you if you're a good person.

Cookie: It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, God has a reason for everything.

Tiana: (looks at Cookie) Then what's the reason he took Princess? Huh? What is that reason?

Cookie: I don't know, but don't think you did anything wrong Tiana.

Tiana: I did everything right. (Bites her lip) I....I.......how do you breathe? You know how do you breathe when you lose a child? I see things like this on movies or shows, but never thought I that it could be me. And I always wonder how do people breathe and go on when they lose their child? How do you wake up and face the world? How.....how do you do it? I feel so empty inside. My reason for living isn't all the way there anymore. I've been heartbroken, but not this type of heartbroken. (Looks at Cookie) I get up every morning hoping I will wake up from this nightmare. Then it hits me thats it's reality.

Cookie: I have no words, but I do know your pain. (Tiana looks at her) I lost my baby girl as well. Way before any of the boys were thought of. I wondered why me? Why us? But one day I came to the realization that things happen for a reason rather we like the outcome or not. But one day, one day Tiana you will be able to digest this pain a little bit easier. You'll wake up and keep living. All of this just make you feel like someone knocked the wind out of you.

Tiana: (hurting) Yep

Cookie: (grabs Tiana's hand) Despite your hurt, you still have a healthy, handsome baby boy. Prince and Bella needs their mom, Tiana. You're still a mom. It might not be how you wanted it, but you're still a mom.

Tiana closed her eyes as tears escaped. Her heart felt like it was in knots and mostly shattered. The pain of losing a child is one of those unbearable pains. Especially when you had so many hopes and dreams for them. This is the one heartbreaks that never heals.

Hour Later................

Hakeem sat on the couch in a deep thought. He thought about his life, Tiana's life, and the future of their family. Inside he was so broken, but wanted to remain strong for Tiana. Cause he knew this was destroying her inside.

Cookie: She's going to be okay. (Breaking Hakeem out of thought)

Hakeem: She talked to you?

Cookie: Yeah.

Hakeem: She's barely talked to me.

Cookie: (sits next to him) Give it time Hakeem. Tiana will come around, but she's trying to process everything. (Hakeem nods) But how are you?

Hakeem: I'm fine.

Cookie: Don't lie to me Hakeem. How are you?

Hakeem: On the inside I'm breaking down inside, but on the outside I'm good. I have to hold Tiana together.

Cookie: Hakeem (gcto)

Hakeem: I don't understand and maybe it's not meant for me to understand. I wish this didn't happen. We did everything right. If only that damn nurse would have listened to Tiana, maybe our baby girl would be here. If only she would have listened! (Slams hand on table)

Cookie: Hakeem. Baby.

Hakeem: (breaks down) She's not coming back Ma. She's not coming back. My baby girl is not back. She's gone Ma. (Cries into her arms)

Cookie: I know baby. I know.

Twenty Minutes Later....................

Cookie had left after Hakeem had calmed down and decided to take Bella with her for the day. Hakeem stayed downstairs wanting to give Tiana her space. Plus he was still deep in his thoughts. He went upstairs to the nursery to find Prince asleep, but Tiana wasn't in sight. He went to the master find Tiana laying on the bed sleeping. Hakeem crept over and kissed her forehead. He turned to walk away only to feel a hand on his arm. He turned around to find Tiana slightly awake.

Hakeem: Didn't mean to (gcto)

Tiana: Hold me. (Voice breaking) Please.

Hakeem got on the bed and pulled Tiana close. He felt his shirt getting soaked in tears but he didn't care. He felt her pain.

Hakeem: Shh...I'm here babe. I got you T. (Kisses the top of her head)