[7]

Dani

"Hey, Kasey," I smiled.

Since we met that day, him and I became friends the more we started to talk. It sorta just happened.

Earlier in the day, I was passing by in the hall and saw him going through his locker.

"Sup," he said, dryly.

I frowned at how the way he responded. Usually, he would be smiling or joking to me. But today, he was dead. "What's wrong? Anybody hurt you?" I asked, voice getting softer.

"Nothings wrong. I'm just tired."

I give him that look that I don't believe him. I can tell something is on his mind. "I know when there's something wrong. I mean usually you would be all up on me. Today all I get is one word. Tell me wassup."

"Nah, I'm good on that," he said, closing his locker shut.

He starts to walk to his class but not without me following behind. "Why not?" I asked.

"Because," he muttered.

"Because what?"

"Because I just don't wanna tell you, aight?"

"Oh. I get it." I walked past him to get to my class. I can tell that I upset him.

------------

"Dani. Dani. Dani!" I heard, snapping me from out of my thoughts. My mind was on how Kasey's and I conversation was this morning at school.

I looked over at my two friends Sara and April. We were in Sara's car, coming home from school. "Yes?" I asked, clearly agitated.

"Why you all quiet? Normally you would be talking our ear off about that boy. What's his name?" April said, looking at me in the backseat with that smirk.

She begins to snap her fingers as if it'll pop up in her head more quicker.

I groaned because here they go.

"Kasey, isn't it?" Sara laughed.

"Yeah, Kasey!" April said, laughing.

They both started to laugh like they were still in elementary school. They knew how much I liked him.

I tried to hide my smile. "Here we go."

It doesn't matter if he likes me back or not because he acts like he isn't into me. I don't know what is wrong with me. Am I not pretty enough? Or maybe he doesn't see me as more than a friend.

"Good girl Dani likes them hood, don't she?" Sara teased.

I decided to shift the conversation because they could keep on going about it. "Going to that party tomorrow?" I asked, referring to that party that everyone has been talking about for some days now at school.

A star quarterback that plays for our school and is number one player in our district be hosting all these wild parties. He's a rich white boy but he can get down like he's one of us.

Every time he hosts a party at his house, something always happens.

"Hell yeah, the fuck I look like not going?" Sara said.