〈 chapter 2 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 2 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

THE sunlight reflecting on his oak furniture repelled the need for electricity in his room, but as people say once you like something don't give up on it easily. His love for that beautifully polished table wasn't letting his heart to replace it, whereas everyone who sees it gets annoyed..

Everything was perfectly organised and set to start today's day. Taking a sip from his black coffee he started studying the files placed at his table. Revising the files he took a glance at the schedule, seeing a surgery scheduled at 2PM, he furrowed his eyes and looked at his watch it was 9am.

He searched for his phone and called his assistant doctor.

"Yes sir" she replied within a second.

"Miss Sumaira, did you forget we have a surgery at 2pM?" He asked in a sarcastic tone

"I'm sorry Sir, I was waiting for the reports. I'll be there in a minute" The assistant doctor replied in a panicked voice and cut the call.

"I am dead" she slapped herself on the head and rushed towards his cabin.

Engrossed in the file of his patient he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in" he replied and looked up to see his assistant sheepishly smiling at her mistake.

"Here , reports," she said, pointing at the file. Giving a tight lipped smile he took the file and started analysing it.

"Is the patient ready?" He queried looking at her

"Yes sir" she answered

"Alright ask the patient to be present at my cabin for the pre-op checkups and you prepare for postoperative care" He instructed sipping his coffee.

"Ok sir" she nodded and went out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How are you feeling, Mrs. Edward?" Hassan asked the old woman in her fifties, sitting in front of him

"All well," She replied, adoring the handsome doctor sitting in front of her.

"I will now tell you the procedures of the surgery, you can ask the queries if you have any, okay?" He explained to the man, sitting with the woman who was known to be her son. The man nodded, saying a yes.

The man looked young and mature yet, he was like a baby to his mother as she gently took his hand and kissed it.

"I'll be fine, don't worry too much," She said, smiling at her son.

"I know," He replied , smiling.

"As the report says she has Suprasellar meningioma that arises from the base of the skull near the pituitary gland and the optic nerve. Tumours in this area can cause visual problems and dysfunction of the pituitary gland." Hassan articulated looking at the man after the little moment of the mother and son.