〈 chapter 9 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 9 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

A mouthwatering aroma dragged humera towards the living room. Sniffing chocolate cake, humera ran towards the kitchen like a cat smelling meat balls.

"Ammi THANK YOU" she yelled in joyving Hafsa perplexed.

"Why?" Hafsa asked in confusion.

"For baking me a chocolate cake."She replied, as she licked her lips at the cake.

"It isn't for you, it's for Hassan,Your brother appears to be ready to wed."Hafsa squealed and smacked humera's arms as they reached for the cake.

"You believe that too?" As she got closer to her mother's ear, Humera whispered, "I secretly heard bhai talking to dadi about a girl."

"What was he saying?"Hafsa inquired while her daughter was smirking at her.

Humera smiled slyly as she glanced at the cake, "Give 50% Piece of cake and take 100% information."

"Bhai was like; "make sure her family says yes dadi, At any cost '''' Humera imitated her brother's words, stuffing the cake she had won for passing the information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few days ago.......

He relieved his stress by going to a park after completing his duties.Like those drooping leaves, the cool breeze takes away his stress.He could unwind and escape reality for a few minutes by sitting on his favourite bench with a cup of coffee.He felt both pain and peace when he observed children playing with their parents. Peace because he saw himself in those children and pain because he had never played with his father in such a way.

A buzz on his phone then brought him back to reality.In confusion, he raised his eyebrows and looked at an unknown number.

He raced to the coffee shop where he had purchased his coffee and looked for the man in the black cap

He raced to the coffee shop where he had purchased his coffee and looked for the man in the black cap."Are you Hassan Ahmed?" A waiter approached him. Hassan gave him a look and nodded. He was presented with a slip by the waiter.