〈 chapter 11 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 11 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

Blankly staring at her plate Hafsa was lost in thoughts, her temples looked tense, she mumbled something to herself.

"What are you thinking, Ammi?"Humera asked, chewing her food. This was the third time she had asked the same question.

"WHAT WILL I BE THINKING ABOUT? NOTHING"Hafsa yelled, making humera and others flinch. Hassan looked at his mother; he knew she sure was mad at him.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hafsa, I gave him the permission to do so. Don't be that mad. I guarantee the girl is well mannered and disciplined." Mumtaz went straight to the point.

"And why did you vent your anger on humera?My poor child was just concerned about you."

"Ammi, I am not denying your order but it is my right to know about my son's wife. How could you do it without my consent?"She argued and stood up from her place.

"What would I do? That girl is leaving today for her studies, she will return in three years. Till that time her uncle would marry her with someone else. I am aware that you intended to give your son a lavish wedding but, understand the situation here." Mumtaaz explained in one breath, her voice raised up and she coughed as she sat exhaustively on the bed.

"Hafsa, she is the daughter of moizuddin. That girl is innocent and is being used by her aunt and uncle. Only if I knew sooner, I would never let her live with them. Maybe this marriage is a sign of Allah to return our favour."

Hafsa started pouring water in a glass but halted and put the jug down hearing the name of moizuddin qureshi; the one who saved her husband on the verge of dying, when each and every doctor refused to perform his surgery. Allah had granted shifa in Moizuddin's hands as Ahsan Ahmed came out of the hospital alive and healthier than ever.

Tears started pouring down her face remembering those harsh times; She looked at her exhausted mother-in-law, she was becoming old and Hafsa was still behaving like a child in front of her. She wiped her tears as the sense of responsibility hit her.

"When do I have to meet her?"She asked as she gave a glass of water to mumtaz.

"Today afternoon."

Mumtaaz smiled as she forwarded her hand on Hafsa's head before she took the glass of water.

"I will become a mother-in-law better than you" She huffed, making mumtaz chuckle.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honey like sweet smile swept across her face but her ocean eyes showed some unknown emotions. She looked at the admission form as if a fantasy she had been dreaming for ages; had become reality.