〈 chapter 10 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 10 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

Maryam dropped her eyes as she felt the older woman entering the room on; she firmly wrapped her hand around her magnificent dark crimson gown with golden embroidery.She chose the most straightforward outfit to wear. A subtle pale blush and a dark red lipstick accentuated her attractiveness, making her look elegant yet beautiful.

"Qaazi has arrived, bring the bride." Mumtaaz barged in, with  Najma followed her too as she seeked for Maryam.

when Maid asked her to stand up for touch ups, Maryam hastily stood up and looked at the door, tears stood on her eyelashes as she gave a sigh of relief seeing her aunt walk towards her.

"You look lovely." Her aunt hugged her while guffawing.

"Are you fine?" Maryam mumbled but her aunt gave her a push as a warning that now was not the time to ask such foolish inquiries.

"I am absolutely fine." Najma nods, erasing the tears from the rims of her eyes.

"What about alizeh and ayaan?"She enquiries giving a corned look

"They all are waiting for you." Najma replies

A sudden peace resided in her heart hearing they were fine. But, a shiver went down her spine realising she was getting married.

Maryam gave Mumtaaz an awkward look when she felt the older woman gaze at her, Maryam was unsure of what to say or do. But, she was sure that mumtaz was a lovely woman. Who would understand her situation.

"Ma sha Allah. You look beautiful. Don't worry, I took care of everything ." As she leans toward Maryam's ears, Mumtaaz smiles softly.

"Please excuse me; and come soon". Mumtaaz rushed out as she answered the phone from her secretary.

"Don't worry, I believe your uncle found a good match for you. I know the Ahmed family; your parents did too. They would be happy hearing you are marrying Hassan Ahmed" Najma assured and Maryam shook her head accepting it

"Now let's go. The qazi is waiting"

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seated on a fancy chair adorned with exquisite blossoms. Maryam's hands were trembling with anxiety. A beautiful veil covered her face and her magnificently styled hair.

Hearing the Qazi reciting a few verses of the holy Quran a peace resided in her. She closed her eyes, taking in each syllable as it was spoken. Her heart skipped a beat hearing the qazi take her name.

"Do you Maryam Qureshi Take Hassan Ahmed; son of Ahsan Ahmed, as your husband?" He asked

Maryam glanced frantically to her aunt for approval as she felt lost. Najma nodded in acceptance.