〈 chapter 14 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 14 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

Life has been perfect. Nevertheless, a fragment of solitude crawled inside from and there. Inhaling a deep breath. she strode back to her room occupied by the interns awaiting her.

Nancy Mathew; A brunette giggled, studying at Maryam. Maryam exhaled, watching at the mess she had created. Nancy Mathew was the lady who could chat for 24 hours and be tired of nothing.

"Sit here, sit here, I have something important to ask." She motioned Maryam to rest in the lounge with her. Maryam halted accepting her wish and glanced at her, demanding her to question.

"How is Dr. Hassan related to you?" She enquired, lifting an eyebrow. Maryam's eyes expounded as she found the new girl, gawking at her with cautioning intensity.

"He is my father's friend's son and the owner of this house. I'm a person who rents. Nothing else," she responded, chuckling, yet it sounded fake.

"Phew. Praise god." she murmured, nodding her heads in relief.

"The rumour may be true." Nancy rasped in delight.

"What rumour?" Maryam aked, bewildered by her reaction.

"Doctor Hassan marrying the love of his life. "

Maryam gagged at the water she was drinking. She batted her chest, quaffing it. Placing the cup on the table, she scooted over to the girl.

"Who can that love of life be?" She pleaded, rubbing water from her cheek.

"You don't know?" Nancy snorted and Maryam wobbled her head, telling a 'no'.

"His assistant. Both of them are always together." she exposed it in hysteria.

"And; Dr. Hassan preferred her to be his assistant." Nancy grasped her palms in bliss, squeezing the word 'And.'

"Oh." Maryam reverted as she sank her eyes into figuring out something.

"What is her name?" She sought, whirling her head towards her.

"Sumaira Naaz."

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next day.

"Maryam, let's go, the bus is waiting." Nancy yelled. Maryam pinned her dark blue hijab and sprinted towards the exit.

The squad was establishing a free check camp, and it would be her first time negotiating with patients. Maryam was excited.

"YES MA'AM, OK MA'AM. GOT IT MA'AM."

Maryam heard  the interns screech with enthusiasm, snickering she appeared out to visit a woman leading them orders.

" Miss. Qureshi.'' the woman announced to her. She wore a red hijab on blue gown and high heels. She bore a file assigning everybody their duties.