〈 chapter 21 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 21 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

A person wins not when he has the authority and dominance over the world but when he has an authority over his inner demons. Maryam felt astonished to watch her uncle, known as a horrible man who was a slave of his own Nafs(ego), gain that victory. Her smile grew from one ear to another as she saw him lovingly caressing his wife's hair. His eyes were dripping with gratitude to his god for saving his wife's life.

Meeting the right person at the right time may be the luckiest moment of one's life. Her uncle Sherkhan was truly the luckiest when he met a wandering sheikh in the deepest forest where he was left to starve and rot for not returning money to the investors of his bankrupt company.

Forty days wandering with a group of believers connected him to the Divine and true love of God and his messenger. When a person is truly in love, they will avoid anything that displeases their beloved, and that is how their old life of darkness and chaos ended, replaced with the light of love. And the best person he could love wass the messenger of god; Muhammad sallahualihi wassalam.

Maryam wondered about the drastic change in a man within a few years.. She has never been so happy for her aunt as she seemed to find love after 20 years of her marriage. Maryam wanted to squeal and run around in happiness, but controlled herself.

Wearing a mask of professionalism and adjusting her apron, she entered the room to check her aunt up. She ticked the right mark when she heard the nurse answering the questions she was asking. She thought she definitely missed a chance to see the glance her aunt was giving her with her sparkliest proud eyes..

But little did she know her eyes would betray her when her heart heard the whispers her Khala was giving to her uncle..

"I raised that girl, she is mine".

Maryam, trying to be perfectly professional, wiped it off real quick and looked over at them.

"She is recovering fast, but you should take care of our diet and eat what the nurse gives instead of fighting for good food."

She paused as she glanced at her uncle.

"Take care of your wife, sir."

His eyes looked different. The chaos inside his heart looked at peace. It looked as if he was now a fearless and selfless person. The universe humbled him that every person in the world. Needs to be. There was ecstasy in his smile as his face looked a little brighter than before. What sorcery was this? She thought.

Her aunt going into an accident may had shaken him to core. May be it was a test for him to see will he be thankful to his god after all this time?

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch. Maryam gazed at the clouds fleeting in the sky, warning about the rain that was about to come. A gust of wind travelled around to announce the arrival of the monsoon after the scorching heat the summer had given.