✧.* 𝟏

the haunted picture of virgin Mary hanging on the wall, sits, staring into nothing but your soul, shooting daggers in the back of your head. you want to look away but something propels you not to...or someone ..

Flashback to Montreal, mother of 2, Laura Hall is getting herself and children ready to go to there father's house. They're divorced sadly, Richard wanting to marry a woman he met, Grace. Who's had anything but a normal, average, childhood.

In the car, siblings Mia and Aiden are goofing off with her doll, in which he soon accidentally pulls off her arm, smirking a bit.

"Just shake her hand" she says. "How'd you get an outfit just like mom?" he responds. "Shake it," she asks again.

Reluctantly, he shakes it, pulling the arm off with it. Mia with her mouth hung agape scoffs, but not before leaving a playfully threatening message to her brother. "You're lucky that can go right back in"

"Let me see if her head can go right back in" he says. "No-no-no-no-no...not the head" she remarks, bringing her voice to a whisper.

She turns her head in her mom's direction slightly disappointed. "Is she gonna be there?" she says, hinting a bit of sadness in her voice. "No" she says. "She's such a retard" Mia whispers, but loud enough for them to hear. 

They soon get to their dad's house. Laura's sure she can see Grace through one of the windows but shakes it off. "Come on." she says quite sternly. They get out the car, their dad already waiting for them at the door.

"Dad" Mia exclaims. "Where have you been? Did you get lost?" he asks. Both Laura and Aiden ignore him and continue to walk towards the house. "I miss you" Richard goes on to say while pulling Mia into a hug, in which then he picks her up. "Come on you too mister" he states while turning to Aiden, who gives him a side hug, still not saying anything. 

"Listen, can you guys uh, go to the store and get some candy. Because mom and I need to have a little talk, ok?" he says while handing Mia a $10 dollars. "Thanks" she answers, with a smile on her face. Her mom stopping her halfway down the stairs to remind her not to get the ones with artificial sweetener's, gelatin, and what not.

Meanwhile, while they're about to start the most dreadful vacation ever, y/n is just starting to begin her day after a long night's rest. And just to her dismiss..or luck, she'll be dragged into it. 

word count: 402