✧.* 𝟗

y/n's pov: (still)

Grace still didn't want to go back inside and we couldn't force her so we went back to the basement. Aiden was trying to restart the generator, but was getting nowhere. I watched as his facial expressions changed from stressed, to annoyed, then infuriated pulling the string of the machine.

"It's not working. Fuck, fucking...fuck."

Hot.

"Phone charger's out. We need power. Gimme your phone" he told us. "It's dead, too. Sorry. I was on the phone with Dad too much." Mia said, he turned towards me with little to no hope in his eyes. "Mine's dead too..sorry." As we went upstairs back to our room I saw that Grace was still outside with Grady in her hand. "Maybe we should give her another sleeping pill." Mia whispered, even though it was just us three in the house. Then we heard the front door close. Finally, she came back in. I took the flashlight and lead us back downstairs. Grace was in the living room, standing in front of the fireplace. There was something smoking, her knees. She was burning her knees? She whimpered as it started smoking more. I ran after Mia upstairs, Aiden following.

We went all the way to the top floor and sat on the bed as Mia cried, then hear Grace screaming from downstairs which made it even worse. "It's okay. It's okay." I tried to calm her down. I hugged them both, that's the last thing I did before I fell asleep. I woke up realizing I was spooning Aiden, the floorboards creaked it but it was Mia. Then he woke up too, "Mia?" he whispered, before realizing I still had my arms wrapped around him, he eased up a bit. "I have to go to the bathroom." she whispered back. "Just go in the corner. We can't go down there right now." he said. She kept on walking, "Mia don't!" I whisper shouted. I couldn't let her go by herself, "I'm going to check on her, stay here." I told Aiden as I started to get off the bed. He grabbed my arm, "Don't leave me." he whispered, misery in his eyes. I sighed, "I have to, what if something happens to her-" "Then I'll go." he protested. "This isn't a debate Aiden, I'm going and there is nothing you could say or do to change my mind." I said, hoping I got my point across. He sighed, and I looked at him for a couple of seconds and put my hands on his cheeks."Look, I don't trust Grace just like you guys. She's been acting weird since we got here. It won't be long just wait here." I muttered. And knowing that we could die any minute I kissed him and surprisingly he kissed back, his hands snaking down to my waist. It was getting pretty heated but it came to a stop when we heard Mia scream. Shit-

I watched as she ran back upstairs before hiding behind us. Grace was coming up the stairs, which the gun in her hand again."Go away" I said. "You don't have to be afraid, it's ok Mia" she said calmly. We scooted away until our backs hit the wall. "You have nothing to be scared of, it's fine." She continued walking towards us. Mia was bawling at this point, grabbing on to me like her life depended on it, but I couldn't argue with that since it actually did. "Death is already behind us." Grace said as she crouched down to our level. "We're not dead, we're not dead. We were just pretending." Aiden said desperately trying to convince her otherwise. "Christ suffered in the flesh." she said. "You have to release yourself from earthly sins, Mia. You need to sacrifice something for the Lord, Mia." she whispered. She picked up Mia's doll, "Mia..burn her. You have to free yourself from idols. You need to burn her, Mia." "No!" she protested. I shushed her as Grace lit the match and set the doll on fire. "No! Please stop! Stop it!" she cried. She pushed the doll out of Grace's hand, and I grabbed the blanket to put the fire out. "Mia..it's ok" Grace called. 

"It's ok, it's gonna be ok," she continued. "Look. Look, trust me. You need to trust me, okay?" she said as she cocked the gun. "Grace-" I said shocked. "Look, watch." "Grace, stop! Don't." we screamed as she pointed it to her head. Then the sound of a car honking echoed from outside. We listened as the engine shut off and heard the front door open then close. Richard.