✧.* 𝟖

y/n's pov:

I went down to check on Grace only to find her packing her bags?

"Grace what are you doing?" Aiden asked. "We're leaving, I need my pills, and we're just gonna walk to the nearest town and call your dad. Then he's gonna come pick us up, so you have to pack your things." "What are you talking about? We can't leave." he said. "It's not up for discussion, Aiden." she continued rather annoyed. "Look outside, Grace. That's crazy, we don't even have our jackets. We're not going." he told her. "I'll go alone." she said. "You won't make it," I spoke up. And despite our attempts to get her not to leave, she got her stuff and started walking.

grace's pov:

I left the kids at the house. There was no way I was going to stay without my pills. A couple minutes later the snow began falling harder than before, and I couldn't see a thing. But I kept on walking. I could see a weird shaped house, someone appeared to be in the window so I kept going. I knocked on the door a couple of times, "Hello! Hello!!" no answer. I reached into my bag, the water I packed became solid ice. The air was making it harder to breathe. I couldn't help but cry, knowing I had to walk all the way back empty handed. When I got back, I saw something red in the snow, I dug to see what it was. I knew my nose was bleeding but it didn't matter. A rose, and under, some candles and a picture of Aiden, y/n, and Mia, 'in loving memory' on the bottom. 

Then at that time, Aiden came outside, I just went to my room. Then he came in again, with the picture I saw on the floor. "Grace, what is this?" I just looked at him, "I don't know, Aiden." "We're stuck here and we don't know what's going on and-and this picture..what does it mean?" "I don't know what that photo means, Aiden." I said again. "What if we died?" he said. "We didn't die, Aiden." I told him. "How do you know? If we had died, how would we know?" he let on. "Because it makes no sense. Because I'm sitting here, talking to you. And because my feet are cold and I'm hungry." I said, trying to reassure him. But he wouldn't stop, "Maybe that's what it's like. We wouldn't know if we died."

After he left I took the cross from inside the drawer and put it back on the wall. I could still hear the voice, as I stare out the window and go outside.

"Grace,

we must confess our sins

and cleanse our souls.

We're caught in purgatory.

Would you like to pray?

Should we pray now?

Repent.

Repent your sins.

God's waiting.

God...

He's SO impatient,
and He can't WAIT

to see your smiling faces
today and tomorrow.

You're getting up for God.

You get to wake up, and He gets
to see you smile, my friends.

And you get to be
in His family now, His love.

I'd like you
to surrender your soul.

We know God is waiting.
It's time now.

It's time to open the door.

You and you alone hold the key,

and you know how

to open the door."

When I went back inside they were praying. There was a piece of paper in front of them, I grabbed it. A picture of all of us was on the top left part of it, 'Grace Marshall 1989-2019'  'Mia Hall 2007-2019'  'Aiden Hall 2002-2019'  'Y/n L/n 2002-2019

'DIED, in Silver Pond, December 22nd, in a terrible tragedy triggered by a defective gas heater. orial service was held on Wednesday January 9th at their church. They will sadly be missed by all who knew them.'