✧.* 𝟔

y/n pov:

It's thanksgiving, nothing special. Just me, my mom, and some fast food. She was way to busy to make any real food. I was leaving tomorrow. I had my stuff ready, and just wanted the day to pass already, its going by way to slow for my liking. I finished Cult a while ago and I'm on Apocalypse. I look at the time, it's 1:47 a.m. I've been up for that long? There's no point of going back to bed now knowing I'd have to wake up in a couple of hours, so I stayed up and continued watching my show.

the next day

I'd been binge-watching stuff last night and the sun was starting to rise up so I checked the time. It was 6:38 a.m. I still had enough time before I had to leave but I got up anyways. I got ready, and went downstairs with my stuff as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake up my mom. I made some coffee, and made some bagels. I got kind of bored of AHS so I switched to A Series of Unfortunate Events, my favorite character is Sunny, (sunny supremacy). I just started on the second season, "The Austere Academy: Part One." About half an hour later, Mr. Hall came and we were off to pick up Grace. I had my earbuds in and was listening to "Swing Lynn" by Twin Cabins and looked out the window. A few minutes later the car came to a stop, we were there. I turned my head towards Mia going to say something when I saw her dad calling someone. Grace. Then we heard another phone ring from outside. "There she is," he said while stepping out the car. I heard barking, her dog I guess. We stay quiet, not wanting to make the situation more awkward then it already was.

Right when they got back in the car, Richard's phone starting ringing again. "It's the paper. I've got to take this.I'm sorry." and he got out of the car once again. Grace turned towards us. "Hi Aiden, Hi Mia.." She turned towards me before saying, "Hi, I don't think we've met before. What's your name?" "Y/N" I said. "Well nice meeting you Y/N." I smiled. Mr. Hall came back and we left, and we ended up falling asleep. The car stopped again, and we were there. We got are stuff and went inside. Aiden and I started the fire and were sitting on the carpet. I heard the clinking of Grace's suitcase as she dragged it upstairs. It was time to eat so we sat at the table. I glanced at Grace and she looked nervous about something. Her noise started bleeding, she was acting really weird. After dinner we went to bed, I stared at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, I could here everything that was going on in the other room, and it was keeping me awake. 

The next day we were outside skating then I saw Grace some outside, walking with two sticks for support. We continued chasing each other. Aiden's face altered as he went towards Grace. "That's our mom's hat." She was going to apologize as she gave the hat back, when Mia snatched it from her. I was making a snowman, and Mia was making a little mountain for her doll to ski on. I was just about to finish when I heard screaming. Grace was in the fishing hole, ice breaking beneath her as she desperately tried to get herself out. Richard rushed over and helped her out, keeping her warm. He told us to go back inside, so we did.

Sooner or later Richard had to go back to the city, so it was just us now. "I'm only gonna be gone a couple of days. Maybe I'll hitch a ride back with Santa Claus. What do you think, hmm? Okay guys I'm off. Wendy from the gas station has a key if anything happens. The kids have their number. Remember what I told you, be nice. Don't go hunting for your Christmas presents. Have fun." Mia grabbed my hand and lead me back inside, Aiden soon following. I helped Grace with the Christmas decorations knowing she can't do it all by herself. Later, it was time to go to bed, I couldn't fall asleep again so I watched some Netflix.

The next day we were looking for Mia's doll. "Did you look in your dad's room?" I hear Grace ask. "Grace, I haven't taken her in there." she said. "And you only took her here and your room? Did you look in this... this room out here? The... the room like..right here..by the staircase." "I never take her in there." Mia replied. "Well, I'm gonna look in there," we followed her to the other room "you want to look over there in the...by the shoe rack?" She crouched down next to Grady,  "Hmm. Oh, my gosh! Grady! What did you do? Did you think it was a toy?... He must have thought it was a toy." I thought it was kind of sketchy but brushed it off. We left, then we started binge-watching movies. I was sharing a blanket with Mia, then Aiden came in with some tea for Grace. I was relieved he was finally trying to get along with her. Mia started coughing, "it's really cold." "Do you have a fever?" I asked. She shook her head. "You want me to go get the gas heater?" he brother questioned. "Yeah" she answered. He came back and turned it on, then I patted the spot next to me signaling him to sit next to me. He sat down and we continued watching the movie. Then Grace spoke up, "Is it safe to have that on in the house?" "Yeah, it's fine..it always sounds like that." Then, THUD. I practically yeeted my head towards the noise. The Mary photo had fell off the wall, Weird.

grace's pov:

I fell asleep on the couch, and when I woke up I was outside..cold, in the middle of nowhere. Or so I thought, I was next to the fishing hole. The same one from before. Then the ice broke beneath me again, and I fell through. I was thrashing myself to try and get out, then someone pulled my foot back under. As I was getting deeper into the water, I woke up.

word count: 1016

I didn't feel like posting this chap, but here it is.