✧.* 𝟏𝟏

Thoughts explode throughout my mind - killing Grace? That's still murder, 2nd degree infact. But was it for a good cause? Yeah, she had killed her fiance who was a bit of a jerk to his kids. They're practically orphans because of her. I say orphans because I'm 110% they wouldn't want to be under Grace's custody. I feel horrible about it but it's not like we can go a couple hours back and change things..can we? I take a moment to clear out my thoughts and take a deep breathe, coming back to my senses. This is real life. I'm planning the execution of a deranged woman with my friend and his little sister. Although I don't know if we're just friends anymore- not after what happened. I walk over to Mia who's made an escape plan for after we get rid of Grace.. if we succeed to anyways. She's aware of my presence yet says nothing. This must've really gotten to her head. So, I try to do what any ordinary person would, cheer her up.

"Hey Mia", I utter in a calm voice. No response. I crouch down to her level on the cold wooden floor, "Mia I am so sorry we didn't do anything sooner but we will stop her, for good." I place my hand on top of hers and she finally looks at me, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. I absolutely hate seeing her like this- it was all too much for a 12 year old like her. Just before I could say anything she threw herself onto me engulfed me in a hug not caring if her tears would stain my shirt or not. We stayed like that for while before she pulled away with a sniffle, "Why me y/n, why me? Why Aiden, why you? Why US? What did we do to deserve this? I miss mom and dad. I just want to go home. I just want us to go back home, back when Grace wasn't around. Back to when you and I would play with my dolls in my room. Back to when I'd cuddle with you and Aiden on the couch while watching scary movies at sleepovers. Now I feel like I'm in one.." 

Poor girl this trip had definitely took a toll on her mentally and emotionally. "I know Mia but everything will be okay soon, and when it's over maybe-" before I could say another word I was cut off. "No y/n! Everything's not okay, nothing about this is okay! I just want my life back. I wanna be happy again.. I want you and Aiden to be happy again..and I know you feel the same way too." I was at a complete lost for words, how'd she know? I never told anyone about my feelings for Aiden, and speaking of which he must've heard because he was walking right toward us. "Hey I heard my name, what are you guys up too?" he said glancing at me before looking at his sister. Mia and I stared at each other as if we were silently trying to come up with something to say but after staying quiet for 5 seconds I decided to speak up. 

"Oh um..we were just talking about what we were going to do after we wipe out you know who." She seemed to have bought it with, "Oh right, well then go ahead," he stated gesturing me to tell him what we were talking about, although it wasn't actually true. "Well um after we- you know, get rid of Grace- Mia and I thought we'd take your dad's car and drive to the nearest gas station or anyplace with a cell so that we'd be able to call the authorities on her and after they take her away to like a coroner or something." Mia quickly added onto that, "and then we can go home. I mean you're almost 18 Aiden we can live on our own. Plus y/n lives near us so we won't be lonely. Either that or we can always live with nana and she's y/n's neighbor so that's even better! I mean sure she'd be extremely shocked but she'd gladly take us in." Aiden looked down at me with a smile, "I think that's a really cool idea, but we have to worry about getting out first." He was right we were still stuck in the house with Grace and the snow didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon. We had to work quick.

A couple hours later we finally put some finishing touches to our plan and got to work. We went down in the basement to look for some extra bullets and luckily there were. Aiden made sure the gun was locked and loaded while Mia and I packed all of our stuff or atleast anything that would've been useful to us ahead of time. It was getting pretty late so I went to check up on Grace who was in her room- staring at the wall..? She seemed to be muttering something, like an apology. I didn't want her to know I was there so I didn't go any further inside. Grace still unaware of my presence continued whispering, 

"Repent.

I have repented,

I have admitted to my sins.

But it is too late.

It is done.

And I am sorry, Lord forgive me

for I have sinned.

Wash my sins away

and help me better myself.

Amen."

What was done? I didn't comprehend what she was talking about until it clicked. She was in a cult..a REAL life cult and she was in Mr. Hall's books and they weren't at all fiction. What if something had happened there, something bad. She would've been stuck with PTSD which would explain her extremely weird behavior since we met. I mean I don't think she'd join a cult on purpose. Maybe she was taken, kidnapped and put on LSD drugs? That would definitely clear up why she has mood swings every so often, hallucinations and anxiety. It's not that I ever took LSD before we just learned about in health class. I silently walked out of the room and went to check up on Mia just to catch her up on what I thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SOOOO SOO SOOO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED SINCE JULY AND THAT WAS LIKE FOUR MONTHS AGO. I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS SINCE IM CURRENTLY ON THANKSGIVING BREAK FOR A WEEK SO IM GONNA TRY TO UPDATE MY CHAPTERS EVERYDAY! ONCE AGAIN IM SUPER SORRY!! ALSO DID U SEE THE PARALLEL IN THE 3RD PARAGRAPH;)<3

word count: 1111