✧.* 𝟓

6 months later

𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

It was thanksgiving and I was outside setting up the table with dad. "Is it okay? Did you plug it in?" he asked, but I just ignored him. I was about to leave but he called me back..

"Hey, hang on a second, Mia, can you come here a minute?" She came and sat down, I didn't though. "Okay, so...Grace is gonna be here in a second," I looked at him. "And I just wanted to talk to you guys about something." he continued. "How would you feel about going to the mountains again for Christmas?" he asked.  "I thought you were working." I uttered. "Yeah, I am, but, uh, I'll drive you guys up after school's out, and then come back on the 25th. y/n could come to if you want." he said unsure about his answer. "Are we gonna be there alone?" I questioned. "No, I thought it'd be nice to ask Grace to come with us and you know, you can have some fun get to know her a little better." he said. I only had one word for him, "No." "No, you don't want to do that?" he replied. Once again, I repeated "No." "How come?" he directed with a bit of sarcasm in his voice. I shook my head, "I'm not going anywhere with her, and...least of all on Christmas." I retaliated. Yet, he stayed calm, "Why not?" Was this man delusional? "Are you crazy?" I retorted. "No, Aiden, I'm not crazy. Grace is part of my life, she's part of your life-" MY life?! There was no way I was going to let Grace be apart of my life, she's crazy. "What?" I cut him off. "And I think it's about time you guys got to know her." "What do you mean?" I asked. "Okay, look. I'm gonna marry Grace."

I was furious..marry?! Marry my ass. "We... we wanted to tell you tonight." he said. I was agitated, "It's all her fault." I uttered. "I'm sorry?" Was he being serious right now- "I said it's all her fault." "What's her fault?" he asked confused. "What do you mean, what's her fault What do you mean?.." "You're talking about Mom?" he inquired. "You left Mom for.. for a psychopath." "Who told you she was a psychopath?..hmm" he asked confidently. "She's in your books, right?" I shot back, then the doorbell rang. Great timing. "Fuck you" I muttered loud enough for him to hear before I left. I heard him call me but I didn't care, I really wanted it to be y/n but she was probably spending thanksgiving with her mom plus, I was sure it was Grace so I didn't answer. And it was but thankfully, dad told her to leave. We went back outside, sat down and ate in silence, or almost silence until he told us we had to go somewhere later, again. Which would give me enough time to prove my suspicions, so as soon as I was completely sure he left I called Mia and we went into dad's office.

I started typing away trying to any bit of evidence that I could then, I point at the screen. "What?" Mia asked. "I was right..Grace is from his book on cults." I claimed. "Oh my God." "Radical Christian sect. Everyone committed suicide except for her. She's supposed to bring the teachings of the sect to the public." I said. "Click there." I clicked but it was just a weird video and a man who seemed to be a priest talking.

" Repent and you will wash away

every sin

that has been bothering you.Just confess.Repent and pray.

Now, don't think I'm the only one watching.

God is waiting.

He's so impatient, and He can't

wait to see your smiling faces.

Please join with me.

Would you like to sing now?

♪ Nearer, my God ♪

♪ To Thee ♪

♪ Nearer to... ♪ "

Then it switched to another clip...It was Grace, but younger. She had duct tape over her mouth and it had 'SIN' written on it. She went and uncovered a blanket which had someone under it, most likely dead. They had duct tape over their mouth too. 'SIN' written on it also. I heard Mia ask if it was real, I gulped. The clip switched again to another person with the same thing on their mouth. Then she turns the camera towards the mirror again.

Then the door opened, dad. "What are you doing in here?" he asked. We had to make up an excuse, quick. "Um, I was just...looking something up for Mia's school project, because my...computer is updating." I said. "Okay..look, I was...I was just with Grace, " I sighed as he continued. "She really wants to come on this trip and get to know you guys.It's important to me that we give her a chance. Okay?..Come on, she's got all this fun stuff planned. Stay up all night, watch movies. She's a terrible cook, so you can eat what you want. You give it a chance? Hmm? Think about it?..For me?" he begged. I think about it for a second. "If I were to say yes..it would only be if y/n came too.." I bargained. He nods, "Sure, why not, just make sure she asks her mom again." Then he left. I still wasn't ok with dad's "Let's bring Grace with us!" idea but atleast y/n was able to come, so it wouldn't be a complete bust. I grinned to myself.

word count: 924

thank you for reading this far!!! I told you i was gonna make the chapters longer ;) PLUS i found the script for the movie so it'll be easier to write it down :) What do you think will happen next?