✧.* 𝟕

I looked around, Mia was sleeping on the couch, and y/n and Aiden were on the floor. I reached for my phone, and was met with a black screen, it was dead. I tried to switch on the lights, the electricity was out. I walked to the kitchen and tried to turn on the faucet. Nothing. I walked back to the living room, now paying attention to detail that Aiden had his arm wrapped around y/n. I walked towards them and shook Aiden, "Aiden, Aiden? The power's out and the pipes are frozen. Can you check the generator?" I asked. He slowly got up, "What time is it?" he answered. "I don't know. My phone's dead, check yours." I watched as he grabbed it, "Mine's dead, too." I shook y/n, trying to get her to wake up. "y/n wake up. you have to get up" She turned towards us and squinted her eyes. Before she could say anything I interrupted, "Is your phone dead?" She grabbed it, "Yeah why?" I turned towards Aiden. 

"Where's the gas heater, did you move it?" He was panting. "Aiden?" "No." I looked at the fireplace. "What is this? Where is everything? Did you guys do that? Is this some kind of joke?" I had so many questions. "Grace!" Mia called, I went to the kitchen. The fridge was empty. "If this is some kind of joke, you got me, but it's not funny." They all looked at my like I was crazy...maybe I was..maybe I still am. "Okay I'm gonna go to my room, and when I come back down, all the food's gonna be back and so is everything else." I said. No response. I started walking up the stairs, and to my room looking through the drawers. My pills weren't there. I turned the room upside-down looking for them. 

"Guys! Where are my things? I need my pills. Where are my pills?" I yelled. "We didn't do anything." they said. "You took my pills and I want them back." "We didn't do anything." Mia whispered. "There's nobody else in the fucking house, Aiden!" "I don't know, maybe you should ask yourself! You're the one who's walking through the house all night long" he yelled back, matching my tone. "What?" "We hear you every night." y/n said. "So I took my fucking pills?..I'm gonna find my things starting with your room. Where is all your stuff?" I could hear footsteps behind me. I started looking in their closet, under the beds, and drawers. "Grace" I ignored them. "stop" "Well, if you tell me where my things are, then I'll stop." "We didn't take anything." y/n pleaded. I saw that the shelf Mia usually has her doll on was empty. "Where's my doll?" she asked.

y/n pov:

After whatever just happened we went looking for Grady, since we hadn't seen him all morning. "Grady?" Grace came back downstairs, I think she heard us. "Where's Grady?" she asked. We didn't have an answer, I shrugged. "What if he's outside?" Mia asked. "How would he get outside?" Grace answered. "There's no harm in looking" I told them. We got our coats and went outside, it was still snowing and there was no sign of it stopping. "Grady! Grady! Grady! Grady!" we all shouted. No sign of him anywhere, we had to go back inside. Mia and I were sitting in the kitchen when Aiden came in. "This fucking generator won't work. I don't know why. No power." he stated. "How far is the nearest town?" Grace questioned. "It's miles and it's pointless without a car in the storms. The roads could be closed for days." I said. We sat down and had beans, and crackers. Cold beans and crackers. "I'm done." I heard Mia say. She got up and left. I hear Aiden speak up, "I didn't want to say anything in front of Mia but, uh..." there was a long pause, "I had a, a weird dream last night.Well, uh, a nightmare, but um, in..." why was he so nervous? what was he nervous about? "in... in the dream, the gas heater started smoking and we couldn't breathe, and...uh, and......we suffocated." Cool.

I got up and sat in the living room, soon enough Aiden followed sitting right  next to me. I turned towards him, "Do you think what you said..you're nightmare will come true?" I asked. "I don't know..maybe." he whispered. I sighed, "this is not what I was expecting if I'm being honest." "Me either" "Well if we die somehow, I just wanna say-" I was interrupted when Grace came in, shit. "Did you mess with the clocks?" she asked, nervously. "No why" I answered. She turned around heading upstairs "Grace, Grace?" We followed. I heard Mia talking to someone, but our phones were dead. "I've been playing with y/n and Aiden a lot....Yeah just sleeping a lot..Yeah, I miss you, too." We walked in. "Your phone's working?" Grace said. "It's-it's not working." Mia hesitantly. "So give me your phone." Grace demanded. "It's not working!" Mia said defensively. She tried turning it on with no luck. "I was just pretending... I really miss Dad." she said. I sat next to her and gave her a hug.

grace pov:

I could hear the voices again, I stared at the mini cross in my room.

"♪ Nearer ♪

♪ To Thee ♪

♪ E'en though ♪

♪ It be a cross ♪

♪ That raiseth me. ♪

Repent.

Repent your sins."

I took it off the wall, then Mia walked in. "I heard something." she said. "What?" "A voice" We stepped out into the hallway. "Give me the flashlight, stay there." It was dark. Then a door swung open behind us. I went inside and looked out the window only to see a bunch of snow angels in the snow outside. I turned to Mia, "It's just the window." I went back to sleep, but still heard his voice. 

"Repent.

Repent your sins.

You know how to open the door.

Just confess.

Repent your sins.

God's waiting."

I got up, took the gun and flashlight and walked downstairs, still hearing it.

Repent.

Repent your sins.

I went in the kids room. I took the blanket off Aiden's head, 'SIN'. I heard someone calling my name. "Grace Grace Grace Grace?" They were shaking me, but I had no control over myself. Then I heard someone hit the floor, "Mia, you okay?" y/n asked. It was then I realized what I was doing, the gun still in my hand. I left the room.

word count: 1090