XV. Tracking Game

XV. Tracking Game

THIRD PERSON POV

"It's really hard to pinpoint their location, especially when we have so little information about them." Cana frowns, examining the map of Fiore. So far, they had only two leads. Neither one had seemed to have either Rin nor Wendy when she consulted the tarot cards.

"We'll set off once there's five locations." Erza remarked, glancing at the map as well. "Your tarot cards did say that we should, didn't they?"

Cana nodded, before chugging down yet another mug of booze before shuffling her tarot cards once more. It had been a few days, and there were no news of the Ventury nor the two missing Dragon Slayers. As much as Erza had wanted the assistance of the Magic Council, it was all in vain. Fairy Tail was infamous, too notorious to even have such requests considered. She remembered briefly how Rin did explain to her once that she and Jellal shared a telepathic bond. If they could use it, it would have been so much easier. But the Ventury were so secretive that no one truly knew that they had assembled together again. Furthermore, the Ventury was said to be under the Kingdom's protection, even after breaking off from the castle so many years ago.

Erza sighed. The issue of the Ventury had taken a toll on the guild, but they still worked hard nonetheless. She, Cana, Levy, Freed and many others hadn't slept in the past few days, tirelessly gathering as much information as possible. Lucy had also tried to call upon Crux, who too had issues trying to find details about the Ventury. It wasn't as if the Ventury were a top-secret organisation that would remove themselves from history, information about them were just that unattainable.

"Yes, finally!" Levy exclaims, lifting up an old, faded red book. "They're after Rin because her Dragon, and her Dragon's former Queen, Gaiaspina, has connections to the Celestial World! Lu-chan, ask Crux!"

"That's amazing," Natsu commented, his expression full of awe. "Rin's Dragon survived for such a long time. I wonder how long Igneel lived..."

"Code Name: Alia. Has Rin ever told anyone who was her Dragon?" Levy asked tentatively, before glancing towards the guild master, who shook his head.

"Hmph." Evergreen snorted as she leafed through one of the books splayed around. "This would have been so much easier if she had just told us everything from the start!"

"Evergreen." Master quipped. "Rin has her reasons, don't delve into it."

They found a third lead that afternoon. Warren Rocko, a telepathic mage who had returned from a few jobs had heard that there was something off at Hargeon. After Erza's interrogation and Cana consulting her tarot cards, they found their third lead. A few miles off Hargeon Bay, the port city, was the most skeptical location: the depths of the ocean. Yet no one dared take their chances. They would investigate anywhere, even if the Ventury Stronghold was said to be underwater.

"Hargeon Bay." Cana announces. "Juvia, Elfman, Macao, Wakaba and Warren."

The leads got stranger after they managed to secure the last two leads. One was in the desert, which would be lead by Erza and followed by a reluctant Evergreen. Bickslow, Laki, Nab and a few others to a remote chain of snowy mountains.

Lest anything were to happen to the guild, A few members stayed back, with Levy and Freed combing book after book with wind-reading glasses and Cana constantly using her tarot cards. They had to chase down every single lead they had.