XII. Hand Her Over

XII. Hand Her Over

UNKNOWN'S POV

They ditched us. They ditched the Ventury.

Do those fools not understand our power? Or the wrath that might follow?

Better offers? Bah! There is no offer that could be better than this one! I'll make those cowards from that assassin guild regret once they see the extent of the Ventury's power. Once they find out that I, Eircon Rosen was the one who wiped Dragon Magic off the face of the Earth, I hope they know what's coming next.

The Ventury Mansion was back and running ten years ago, when my sister Eyalle and I spotted a Dragon in the woods. Eyalle still had connections with the Henriettas, who had extensive Archive Magic. With their help, I gathered almost the full force of the different families that had served the Rosens back when the Ventury was still after the mission of eliminating Dragons.

"Lord Eircon!" the leader of the intellects, Mari-Anna Roth, called out to me just as I was about to enter my chambers. "The trackers sent a message. The girl has gone out for a mission. She'll be tired and possibly injured, which makes it easier to get to her."

I nodded firmly before entering my room. What I had initially disliked about Mari-Anna was the fact that she had always chose to take the easy way out of everything. However, her skills and excellent execution of magic had her promoted to the Ventury Elite, the best of the best.

Soon enough, the Dragon Slayers would be annihilated once and for all. Just you wait, Salamander and Kurogane.

Just you wait.

RIN'S POV

"Ice Crushing Fang!"

I aimed my magic right at the shoulder of the monster, knocking it downwards. Turning to Wendy and Natsu, I nodded at them. Quickly, I used my wings to glide myself towards a nearby tree and out of firing range.

"Sky Dragon's Roar!"

"Fire Dragon's Roar!"

Fire and Air merged together to form a perfect swirl as they managed to hit the monster with one final blow.

"Yes!" I yelled triumphantly, punching my fist into the air as I landed in front of the monster's feet.

"It's such as pity Gray and Erza had went off with Elfman for a job. They'd really like this mission." Lucy commented as she sent Scorpio back to the Celestial Spirit World.

"Seeing Erza's re-quip skills before me on a mission would be amazing!" I said excitedly.

"We still have one more problem if all of you forgot." Carla coughed, glancing towards the fallen monster.

"What is it, Carla?" Happy asked, cocking his head to the side.

That was when the five of us glanced at the sixty foot creature that laid unconscious in front of us. It wasn't shrinking any time soon, and we were in the forest, almost at the border of the next town. The mayor, who had sent the request, specifically stated he wanted us to take the monster back to his office.

The request was pretty simple actually. This monster had the ability to change size, but instead of being small and thieving, like how I used to be, it decided to be sixty feet tall and to terrorise all the poor townspeople. It was about to move to the neighbouring town when we had accepted the request and took care of it. The rewards were rather promising, enough to cover the rent for Lucy, Natsu and Wendy, and I could save up to rent a house for myself. The rewards were given per person, and I wished I had Pex with me. It would be nice if I could quickly get a place of my own, but it was even better with the company of Pex by my side. I could've been able to get a house earlier if not for Master Makarov confiscating the money from my first job request.